Crossfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfire

I use to play on a 4870 1GB, and I'd get an average of 40 FPS on high settings. Now, with the exact same hardware exept with two 5770 1GB's in crossfire, I get an average of 60 FPS on high. My problem with this is that I can't tell whether or not one 5770 is that much better than the 4870(I read they were equal) or if I'm actually getting benefit from crossfire. I say this because after disabling Crossfire using CCC, I go into BC2 and still get an average of 60 FPS (90 max). Any way to tell if crossfire is even helping without removing one graphics card(I'm lazy and don't want to open my case up so soon already).

Perhaps when I disable crossfire in CCC, it's not actually disabling it? I hope this is the issue.

Re: Crossfire

BF: BC2 isnt exactly the best thing to use to determine if your crossfire is giving you better performance.

Try a benchmarking tool theres plenty around i think vantage is the most recent but not sure (i dont use them).

Comment

Vantage kept crashing for me, so I used 3DMark06. Is a 3,000 point difference good for crossfire vs single card? I read that it should be since 3DMark06 is CPU dependent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaoszx
        Vantage kept crashing for me, so I used 3DMark06. Is a 3,000 point difference good for crossfire vs single card? I read that it should be since 3DMark06 is CPU dependent.
        Doesnt 3DMark06 include a seperate GPU score? Just look a that.
        You cant expect to get double the perfomance with two cards, but I stil think it gives a very nice boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Doesnt 3DMark06 include a seperate GPU score? Just look a that.
          You cant expect to get double the perfomance with two cards, but I stil think it gives a very nice boost.
          I did, that's where the majority of the boost came from, in pure GPU power. I read on one review that in the best case scenarios, two 5770's in crossfire can give a 1.7x performance boost.

Comment

Working...
          X