Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanns G 19" Widescreen issue in-game

Hi all,

I posted a thread already on MW2 in the CoD section about this but, it turned out that CoD is not the only game even Mass Effect it would show the game as being stretched. I tried the aspect ratio thing in MW2 otpions menu but nothing, the army insignia will show half or 3 quarters only and not the full compass (playing online) and in mass effect when i press spacebar for the in game HUD i can see everything as some times are hidden below the screen.

This is irritating i just purchased this screen. Can anyone help me has anyone gone through the same dilemma?

Screen model: hanns g hw191a http://cms.hannsg.net/filectrl/HW191_UM_EN_v2.0.pdf

Note: this only happens in games, in programs such as Microsoft Office, or Firefox everything is fine. I would put screen captures but heres the thing when i was playing MW2 i pushed prntscrn and pasted on pain and it showed the full image lol and not the parts that are cut off in game wtf!

EDIT: Sorry guys i checked Mass Effect, turns out the option for my native res was there i am just stupid and id not realize, i checked other games DiRT2, CoH and CSS and other valve titles all worked fine just MW2.

Re: Hanns G 19" Widescreen issue in-game

Hmmmm.... That is tough to figure out. If your drivers are up to date and everything else is up to date then it's more likely you've missed something. A modern 19 inch monitor *should* be able to handle the native resolution of the desktop I know that you can change the resolution in windows XP, 7 and Vista by right clicking on the desktop but once you do you can either adjust the resolution through windows or through the nvidia control panel OR the ATI software. MAke sure both methods of changing it result in the same setting. Afterwards, make sure you have adjusted it in the advanced video (or something like that) in the game. Sorry dude but this is all I can think of. Pretty sure you've already tried it.

Comment

I have tried it. Thanks for posting man i decided to live with it lol because out of all the games i got on my desktop MW2 is the only one with this issue yet it does not bother me much just a little irritating that's all. Thread can be closed. Thanks for the help.

Comment

ive hardly ever played anything other than fps games but played that first MassEffect and i liked it enough to pre-order MassEffect 2

then my Hans HG216 '22 monitor doesnt get all stretched like yours does. HA HA

Comment

It only happens with MW2 and its not that stretched all other games including mass effect works fine. Plus whats with the "HA HA" ? its a little insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
            I would put screen captures but heres the thing when i was playing MW2 i pushed prntscrn and pasted on pain and it showed the full image lol and not the parts that are cut off in game wtf!
            in game, press the auto adjust key?

Comment

^ did that lol thanks Xylaquin for helping.

Comment

Working...
              X