Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth waiting for next generation Nvidia cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth waiting for next generation Nvidia cards?

So what do you guys think of the new Fermi cards we got to see in CES? Do you think it will be an ATi killer? Can it beat the 5970 and is it worth waiting for?

Post your opinions here.

Re: Is it worth waiting for next generation Nvidia cards?

Only reason Im waiting on the Fermi cards is to see if the ATi's have a price drop, but we will have to see if they are better, iirc the NDA ended today so there should be some benchmarks on the way this week.

Comment

I currently have 3x 9800gtx + and I'm going to be converting to new DX11 card but don't know which, like Scinto said I'm waiting to see if the ATi DX 11 drop in price when Nvidia cards release.

Comment

doubt Nvidia's single card will beat the 5970, and they'll struggle to release a dual board as the card requires two external 8 pin connectors alone, which would make its power requirement be around the 275w mark according to some sources

the 5970 is already above and beyond any games requirement, the only reason i can see its use is dual 24" + monitors, or eyefinity, buying the best card for sake of future proofing is a waste of money as you can buy a less powerful card now, and with the money you have saved buy a next gen card when its released

Comment

all i got 2 say is im throwing away my 260gtx when these new nvidia DX11 cards come out lol

Comment

Working...
          X