MW2 Mouse not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW2 Mouse not working

I am having this issue, where when I start up Modern Warefare 2 My mouse will not work and I have to ctrl+alt+del and end the process to get out. Has anybody had this issue? I uninstalled / reinstalled and the issue stopped, for the first time started up the game but then the issue returned.

Any solutions would be awesome, I did some searching online and didnt come up with anything helpful.

Re: MW2 Mouse not working

Is it not working at all at startup of the game or only when the game loads to play?

Do any other steam games have the problem?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

No other steam games have this problem. It happens as soon as the game loads and is in full screen. Once i do my routine CTRL + ALT + Del I regain control of the mouse.

Comment

Is the game actually freezing or is it just that you can't move your mouse?

Comment

I suppose the whole thing is freezing now that i examine it closely, I just noticed I cannot tab through the opening menu

Comment

Originally posted by Apalis
            I suppose the whole thing is freezing now that i examine it closely, I just noticed I cannot tab through the opening menu
            Well, step one when a new game crashes is always an update to the latest graphics drivers.
            Did the game use to work, but then suddenly start failing? In that case you need to take a look at what have changed on you system lately. New applications, Microsoft updates etc.

Otherwise your best bet is IW support, its almost impossible for outsiders to pinpoint what causes a program to fail, especially when you get no error messages.

Comment

Thanks for the help. It had just started yesterday, and I haven't made any changes to the system. Updating the graphics drivers didnt even cross my mind, so I am going to go check for some new ones at some point today and see if it fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X