Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stereo headphone upgrade from hd555's (also considering headphone amp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo headphone upgrade from hd555's (also considering headphone amp)

so i had the hd555's (hooked up to an x-fi titanium, without an amp) for a while and liked them alot. I gave them to my brother for christmas, i have a wad of cash, i was thinking about getting the 595's (or the best stereo headphones possible under $200) and this time including an amp, probably this one:

this would also solve my problem of wanting to have speakers hooked up to my soundcard at the same time because from what i conjure i could simply have everything hooked up to the amp and then turn things off and on as i see fit. [please correct me if im wrong if you have some kind of headphone amp which works in conjunction with your soundcard.]

i am curious how the 595s' WITH an amp are going to sound vs. the hd555's WITHOUT an amp. Though if you have another suggestion on what in your opinion the best headphones under $200 would be.

I do have a few preferences other than the usual 'needs to be comfortable' and "i want good sound positioning for games" which is a given but then:

1. i do not like the cold sterile sound of the pc350s with their tight bass and clanky sounds. Honestly i would rather have things sound 'good' over sounding 'realistic' if in fact 'realistic' may be more irritating for my ears if you see where im coming from.

2. I would kind of prefer some open backed headphones

3. I would like sounds to be on the warmer, richer side if possible and when i do listen to music i would like them to sound good for techno/hard dance/electronica type music right out of the box.

If you know your headphones pretty good please give me your input, and what your personal preferences are and what you spend most of your time doing when using your headphones.

If you know for sure about a single headset that you would immediately get if you had $200 and you know it is the ownage set of cans please let me know.

also if you have any knowledge about the benefits and/or improvements of using an amplifier in conjunction please let me know.

Re: stereo headphone upgrade from hd555's (also considering headphone amp)

oh i should also add that (dont ask why) i really dislike any zalman clip on mics and i know that most of these fancy stereo headsets do not come with an attached microphone, i realllly would like a microphone attached and if you know of some really good headphones that also come with a microphone please let me know. thanks

Comment

buy any half decent headphones you want, and buy yourself a proper graphic equalizer; like the ones you use in hi-fi systems.

Comment

thanks..(?)

Comment

the HD600s are my ultimate headphones. i love them and say nice things to them

Comment

Working...
          X