Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get a Geforce 9800 or Radeon HD 4670?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a Geforce 9800 or Radeon HD 4670?

Which one of these cards is better?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814133304

The other cards are on my most recent post, the two ATI's are probably better but one of them might have some driver problems, though it seems as though only some people experience it judging from the reviews.

Re: Should I get a Geforce 9800 or Radeon HD 4670?

4670 benchmark: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=9

4670 is low-mid range card, not particularly suitable for hardcore gaming. I'd suggest to pay a bit more for this one: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814102866

However, you'll find yourself building a rig soon anyway.

Comment

Hmmmm I don't know about that, ill consider it. I guess that card is a lot better then that 9800 on that newegg link right? I just wanna play games like Medieval 2, Red Orchestra, BF2+Mods and World of Warcraft (free on private server), no games higher then that. Though I might get COD4 eventually for PC, I remember playing the demo when I had a 8600 and it ran smoothly on medium settings.

Comment

I edited my first post since that Radeon card is better, thanks for suggesting it. Anyway what card would be better for me to buy? Performance wise and graphically for the games I want to play? I guess the replies on this will be the deciding factor on what I will buy since most of you seem to know more about graphics cards then me.

Comment

As I said in the private message, without a total rebuild, you'll only get a single slot graphics card in there. See the pics in this thread to clarify things:

Comment

Im aware of this, I assumed the 4860 only required one, but Im wrong. Anyway the min on that 9800 card is

Minimum System Requirements

* PCI Express® or PCI Express 2.0-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot
            * A minimum 400W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 26A)
            * Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon XP class processor or higher
            * 50MB of available hard disk space
            * 512MB system memory (2GB recommended)
            * Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows XP Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit)
            * CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive for installation
            * DVI or VGA compatible monitor

That dell motherboard has a "dual width" x16 graphics slot right? Im pretty sure it does.

I found some 9800 GTX cards here but Im not sure how many slots they require. I think the second one only requires one but Im probably wrong.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...800gtx&x=0&y=0

Aren't the GTX cards better performance wise? Even though there only 512mb of video memory? Or is it just for better graphic quality?

Comment

i.e it's how fast the memory is not how now much. Although 1g gets munched these days!
              ATI no questions - no problems. ATI crew: fast as ****.

Always here to help, don't ask incase we don't know the answer!

Comment

Well I can't get that ATI card since my motherboard doesn't support it. Their are some Radeon cards I found that require 1 pin like I have.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814102859
                I remain skeptical on this one, just read the reviews, seems theirs driver issues. Im not sure it will fit either, judging from those pictures Avalanche posted of what a Dell 5150 looks like inside.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814150369

Both cards are GDDR5.

Would you guys recommened the first or second card? I might just buy the 9800 GT 1gb, I really would like some input.

Comment

Can someone please reply? I really need help on this soon since the sales end Jan 1, any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks for posting that link Avalanche, really helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius55
                    . Im not sure it will fit either, judging from those pictures Avalanche posted of what a Dell 5150 looks like inside.
                    oh god i played on a dell 5150 for a couple years actually before i got a real computer lol.

It CAN fit and operate both an 8800 and 9800GT because i borrowed both of those from best buy and tried both of those.

Comment

Thats good, I will probably buy the 9800 card anyway, just need to find some Benchmark tests to compare with ATI 4470 512mb GDDR5.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius55
                        Thats good, I will probably buy the 9800 card anyway, just need to find some Benchmark tests to compare with ATI 4470 512mb GDDR5.
                        There's no real comparison between the two the cards. One (4470) is meant to run Excel at 30 frames per second, the other is for adequate performance in games.

Hence, you probably won't find a direct comparison between them, in the strictest sense.

Edit...did you mean 4770?

Comment

Working...
                        X