Win7 framerate problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 framerate problem

Im not sure this is BF2 specific, so I'll post in techcenter.

I'm about 2 weeks in to my win7 install and I'm having frame rate problems in BF2. I'll start playing and everything is fine. renderer.drawfps1 shows fps at 100 (bf2 max without unlocking). then about 40 minutes into playing I notice some screen lag. drawfps is showing me dropping to 80fps, then lower, then after a while im in the 40's.

I just played while monitoring my temps and max CPU temp was 45c, GPU temp max was 65c. I have a bfg 8800gtx-oc2e, and i've been one of the luckier ones with lower temps for that card. I've tried deleting my bf2 shaders with no effect. geforce driver is win7 x64 191.07.

so I'm thinking - bad driver?, card dying?, psu?
    this is a new install so I don't have any other games installed to test.

thoughts?
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Re: Win7 framerate problem

if you minimize the game and then go back in, does that fix it?

Comment

I have the same issue now, It used to be fine but after about 40 mins of play my framrate just drops and makes it pretty much unplayable, restarting the game fixes it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its Win 7, I have this with Cod4, I have constant 125 fps then after a few matches it drops down to 90 and flcikers around 100 and it's just unplayable, so i restart and that fixes it for the rest of the night...

Comment

I might have this problem narrowed down to either a driver issue, using "disable desktop composition", or xfire overlay..
          "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Comment

ive been waiting for the true win 7 reviews to start coming in

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                I haven't been home to try that yet.
                "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                  ive been waiting for the true win 7 reviews to start coming in
                  I have played TF2 for 9 hours straight on 7 with no framerate issues, if that says anything.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                    ...I'm about 2 weeks in to my win7 install and I'm having frame rate problems in BF2. I'll start playing and everything is fine. renderer.drawfps1 shows fps at 100 (bf2 max without unlocking). then about 40 minutes into playing I notice some screen lag. drawfps is showing me dropping to 80fps, then lower, then after a while im in the 40's...
                    A little update on this: the problem seemed to have gotten worse with framrates dropping 10 minutes in. I did some searching and found others with this problem, including some WOW players.

what I found helps was manually setting my pagefile size to 2x amount of ram.
                    so the problem still exists, but is somewhat manageable with that setting.
                    I'm still thinking it is a driver issue or memory leak.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

maybe graphics driver memory leak?have you tried different drivers?

Comment

I tried different drivers, same problem. also the pagefile fix turned out just to be a temporary fix, the problem came back. someone is now reporting it has to do with core affinity. I'll test that next.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

still sound like memory filling up?do you have a gadget or something to keep a eye on memory usage?

Comment

Bump. Still very annoying. I have to restart my game at the end of every round in PR now. :\

Comment

advanced system care free has a memory cleaning tool or try increase page file to insane levels? either way it sounds like a memory not refreshing problem

Comment

Working...
                              X