Multi-media Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-media Project

Hey guys, gonna need some help with this one - namely because I'm not sure what adapters... wires... and even if something like this would be possible, but here goes.

What I want to do is connect my current computer to our 42" LCD TV - both of which are in the basement. The reason being is there isn't any cable downstairs and we have no DVR upstairs so I'm relegated to watch pretty much all my TV online (Hulu.com mainly) sitting in an uncomfortable computer chair.

Now I just want to chill on the couch after a long day of school and sports and the computer chair really doesn't do it.

I've acquired a very long HDMI cable and a DVI to HDMI adapter for this purpose, and I've got a 9800GTX which has two DVI outputs, both of which I use right now because I'm on dual monitors - but I'm willing to sacrifice the 18 in. CRT I'm using now for the 42" LCD (lol).

Audiowise I've got a 5.1 system that could pass as a home theatre-ish kinda setup, so I should be good in that area.

Is this even possible? Any suggestions?

Re: Multi-media Project

Plug everything in, turn it on, then give us another update.

I've had some fairly ghetto arrangements with my 360, TV, PC, and two monitors, and that's how I always went about it.

Comment

Why don't you just get a more comfortable chair?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
        Plug everything in, turn it on, then give us another update.

I've had some fairly ghetto arrangements with my 360, TV, PC, and two monitors, and that's how I always went about it.
        lol, yea I'm working on it.

And Will - no that defeats the purpose.

Comment

Its too bad you dont have cable down there. computer + tv tuner + 42" lcd + win7 media center = win
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
          X