• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling, my thoughts

Can be found here: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...b=225#comments

Comments?

Re: Watercooling, my thoughts

I always thought this was rather obvious.

Comment

550 pounds for watercooling alone? You're right, i'll just invest on a good case.

Comment

LOL @ High End cooling in general. It's so over-kill. Just buy a good heat sink and fan and be done with it. You don't need 5 case fans, or water cooling, or anything like that. And you certainly shouldn't bother with stuff like phase change cooling.

Comment

Not really. It depends how you plan to use your CPU. I spent much less on water cooling kit than Alex, but it requires a lot DIY spirit and I had some problems with cheap alternatives. In the end, I found that craneberry juice bottle is better than 1Ga. milk bottle. A good custom water kit can really kill the temperature down while overvolted. I can get my Phenom 9850 to 3.0GHz with 1.45Vcore, but it overheats in 3 min under stress test under air. That is never the case with water.

Comment

But wasn't a majority of your money spent on your TJ-07?

Comment

It was yes, but that case is specifically for watercooling, it's naff for air, so I counted it as part of the cost. I thought I would just share my honest opinions.

Shame really, just doesn't seem worth it nowadays

Comment

Alex, if you have a water cooling system would it bring the temp. down even more if you had air cooling? or would it just be useless having both?

Comment

What do you mean both? Watercooling doesn't actually mean there is less heat, it's just transferred away more efficiently from the CPU to your case/room.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                    What do you mean both? Watercooling doesn't actually mean there is less heat, it's just transferred away more efficiently from the CPU to your case/room.
                    I mean have like..... a pc with water cooling and fans :|:

Comment

Well... that's what watercooling is. You have a radiator with fans on (in the same way you have a heatsink with fans on).

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        Well... that's what watercooling is. You have a radiator with fans on (in the same way you have a heatsink with fans on).
                        Zalman makes those giant radiator towers that require no fan at all. However, it is still better to have a human fan blowing air in the room.

Comment

I think what he means is water cooling say, your CPU, but leaving your GPU on air.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                            Zalman makes those giant radiator towers that require no fan at all. However, it is still better to have a human fan blowing air in the room.
                            The only one without a fan was the 1st generation reserator and apparently it's not very good.

Comment

great read, i always thought water cooling would never be the road i would take tbqh. As Alex said time and money consuming :s anyways great read Alex thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X