this is getting ridiculous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is getting ridiculous...

so i heard good things about firefox, i got it about a week ago and it was fine,

now out of the blue, its constantly crashing, and being really slow, ive done multiple anti virus scans and anti spyware scans, and my computer is clean.

ive even reinstalled firefox, but it has not fixed the problem.

Re: this is getting ridiculous...

I've used Firefox for a couple yrs, and was very happy with it. I stuck to the original v.1 for quite some time, but a few months ago, I decided to update to v.3.

Since then, I've also noticed it being very, very slow sometimes, and also being much less stable & crashing.

I don't know whether it's a problem with the new v.3 of Firefox, or a conflict with something else on my system, but it is noticeably different from how it behaved before. I would not have updated if I knew it would be like this.

Comment

Every single time FF has crashed on me it has been due to Adobe Flash Player. Sadly, some sites I go to a lot use Flash...

Comment

I started with beta Firefox, then ver1, ver2 and now ver3... has worked fine for me since day 1.... However, some people for some unknown reasons have issues with ver3, revert back to ver2 and you should have no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim View Post
          revert back to ver2 and you should have no issues.
          I'll Google this later, but is there an easy way to revert back, or is it a total uninstall/re-install?

Comment

I love me some firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
              I'll Google this later, but is there an easy way to revert back, or is it a total uninstall/re-install?
              That shouldn't take more than 5 minutes anyways, back up your profiles first just in case though.

Comment

i installed Version 2 and there is no change, it either crashes or suddenlly goes really slow, and IE somtimes goes really slow aswell.

Comment

Yea, now I get errors every time someone talks to me in Facebook chat :z

Comment

Since i downloaded the new version, firefox crashes when i have two or more downloads open

FF has been rock steady for me for about four years now, but this newest version seems to be full of bugs :shakehead:

Comment

I remember when I first updated to FF3 Beta I was getting "not responding" errors every half hour or so, Since then I have done some work on my pc and had to reformat and do a fresh install of everything and FF3 works fine now Haven't had any crashes or loss of speed.. However on the laptop FF3 will sometime just stop working and I have to close it and also stop its proccess in the task manager before I can re-open and use it again..

Comment

mine is fine.

Comment

Did you try this?

Comment

I have had 0 problems with 3.1 beta 2

Comment

are you sure you don't have any 3rd party plug-ins that might be causing conflicts?

some of the "downloader" programs can cause issues, or so I've heard.

i'm a fan of firefox, but there are certain sites that are weird with it...though not very many. even the ms web mail client now fully integrates with firefox--i guess that's what happens when you get a convicted monopolist on the ropes*, lol.

*if ever "on the ropes" meant a revenue stream approaching a few hundred billion handfulls of buckaroos...

Comment

Working...
                              X