New CPU Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CPU Cooler

Ok well I'm done with Arctic Cooling products.

Arctic Freezer 7 Pro = little plastic bit broken off, wont hold in place properly.

Arctic freezer extreme: little plastic bit broken off, wont hold in place properly.

I want a new CPU cooler that is NOT from AC...I was thnking of the TRUE but the TRUE is quite pricey and then would have to buy a fan...Is the xigmatek S1283 the right choice?

Or the xigmatek red scorpion?

I need to order tonight so make it quick..

Thanks

Re: New CPU Cooler

i got the 1283 and im pretty happy with it, keeps my OCed cpu chilly, one word of advice though, make sure you get the mounting bracket with it because if you dont, your life will be a living hell, trust me...

Comment

Will the ThermalRight Bolt Thru kit work with it? because i cant find any other kit to go through...And i hate push pins as it is...

Comment

not sure about that one, but this is the one that i got for the regular 1283

Buy XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

if you think the one you got is just like this one then i would say you are set, otherwise definitely get it

Comment

Yea, the Thermalright LGA775 kit will work with the Xiggy HDT-S1283, i had that setup. I just sold it all to Coffeejunky from OCN!

I would ask for a refund from whoever you bought the Arctic Cooler off, sounds like it wasn't great quality. Either that, or RMA it.

Can you not afford to do the watercooling you wanted?

Comment

Nope watercooling gonna have to wait..buying xmas presents took up all that cash

Anywho my dad just bought 512mb HD4870 and xigmatek s1283 with xigmatek crossbow, which is the one zyklon mentioned..

Thanks

Comment

noctua nh-u12p is a great cooler!

I has it and its cooling great!

Comment

very happy with freezezer 7 pro (on the shelf)

but for more expensive options, i like si-128, si-128 se, bot thermalright.

still using the si-128 on my oc'd e6600. no trouble, no sound, no worries.

Comment

Im a thermalright user too, the Ultima 90i. Performance which is the same and or better than most most other tower coolers that are an inch or so larger.
                  You will have to buy your own fan for it which is a drawback. It can take 120mm ones and 92mm ones however the 120mm ones look a bit daft so i switched to a 92mm one.

Comment

:rawr

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      :rawr
                      Ok....

I still need to get a new one since im using the stock HS with an arctic cooling fan balacnign on it..

Comment

get the noctua!

Comment

or clip the AC fan to a thermalright chunk of aluminum...

Sorry you're having such bad luck w/AC. I swear by their fans (whisper quiet), and think their hsf's are awesome at the $20 price point.

Comment

iv never been impressed by any arctic cooling product i have had...

Comment

Ordered a TRUE black last night...Should do...

Comment

Working...
                              X