What was your first FPS experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first FPS experience?

First Person Shooters over the last few years have expanded greatly in popularity first on PC Gaming and now even more so on consoles and even some hand helds.

So we would like to know what was your first experience playing a First Person Shooter?

You didn't have to necessarily own the game but what was the first one you played?

Also arcade games like House of the Dead and Area 51 do count.

Re: What was your first FPS experience?

Mine is hard to pin down. It was either a 64 game, probably Turok or Goldeneye (I can't remember which I got 1st even tho 007 came out second) OR an arcade. I was a coin laundromat kid so it was likely an Area51-type game.

I think the reason I can't think of one is because I've been playing them for so long. Turok and Goldneye made the biggest impressions tho. I remember my dad showing me Goldeneye at his friend's house then we went out to Target to "rent" it, as he put it. I nearly peed myself with awesome when he bought it. Lame, but memorable.
    The gameplay was intense; I can still navigate every level start to finish.

Comment

Hm... Its hard to remember that far back sometimes.

I'm certain the first PC FPS that I played was Star Wars: Dark Forces. It was pretty crappy, but I liked it. A few sequels down the road arrived Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. That game was really the first FPS game I really got into, and the first online FPS I played. I played that game (and the next one, Jedi Academy) A LOT.

Comment

Wolfenstein 3D at a friend's house. That was pretty a jaw-dropping experience to see anything like that in early 1990s.

Comment

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, as best as I can remember... Webs and I still rock that game.

Comment

I first tried DoomII at a family friends house when I was very young. When we got a computer I played Doom II, Quake, and MechWarrior(if that counts).

Comment

I think my first FPS was Goldeneye. I didn't like it that much as a kid, but I remember playing it. Does Starfox 64 in First Person mode count? I loved playing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by randomduded12 View Post
                I didn't like it that much as a kid, but I remember playing it. Does Starfox 64 in First Person mode count? I loved playing like that.
                That was my first thought , but I doubt it.

Comment

Goldeneye 64.

Comment

Comment

PC- Quake 2
                      N64- Goldeneye64

These were the first two FPS games I've ever played, however I can't remember which one I played first! All I know is I was 8 years old or younger.

Comment

I played NOLF a few months after it came out, but I never had the CD myself (borrowed it from my grandpa). Liked it somewhat but didn't play it much, wasn't into FPS games at that time

Next FPS game was Call of Duty 1 demo, played through it a few times but wasn't overly enthusiastic about it. The game that really got me into the whole FPS scene was good ol' BF2142

Comment

Goldeneye - N64
                          Solider Of Fortune - PC

Comment

Doom. Win.

Comment

TimeSplitters 1

Comment

Working...