X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should i?

Originally posted by shiftydood View Post
    haha, thanks.....

yeah my motherboard isnt the best but that is what happens when you buy a pre-made pc... from acer.....

but 7gb??? any point lol?
    What are your pc specs? Might be a waste of time buying vista & ram if the rest of your pc can not be upgraded to play the next gen games..

Comment

well i allready have vista 32bit.... so i might as well upgrade to 64bit for minimal charge.....

but yh...pc specs are something like this

Processor: Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.40ghz
      Ram: 3GB DDR2
      Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600gs

anything else?

Comment

Also many sites recommend 4gb or more ram, currently i have got 3gb of ram, so should i actually get some more.
        Many sites don't have any clue what they're talking about, either. There's no reason you'd need more memory to run the 64-bit version. That's all fib.

What 64-bit does allow is for more memory to be addressed. Due to address space limitations and the way memory-mapped I/O works, 32-bit systems cannot address more than 4 gigs of memory, and that's including your video memory, so if you have a video card, your OS will detect and use less than 4 gigs of memory. The more video memory you have, the less system memory a 32-bit system with 4 gigs of memory can use.

On a 64-bit system, the maximum amount of memory is much higher, so you can use the full 4 gigs of memory, something you can't do on a 32-bit system. Somehow or another, tech sites turn that into "You should have at least 4 gigs of ram if you're using 64-bit".

Comment

i have heard that DDR2 ram has starting to jump back up in price because of gobal market and mistakes in sales margins... find a bargain now if you havent already because it might not last long.

Regardless of what people say, subjective or objective 4GB of ram at £40-60 is insane prices and it worth it even on 32bit which cant use the whole volume.

Comment

DDR2 was very cheap as the market became saturated with products. However, due to the higher price of metals and logistics, the production rate has dropped and by the supply and demand law, prices have increased.

Comment

best buy it soon then....

Comment

Yeh i reckon so

Comment

DDR4 RAM up to 128GB and 4400MHz at the lowest prices online from Kingston, Crucial, Patriot and more. Buy from the experts. Next day delivery and finance available.

how about this? will this hold out, i don't have a lot of money to spare...

Comment

Looks fine.

Comment

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/146049

how about this? will this hold out, i don't have a lot of money to spare...
                      I have that RAM, works good. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Dan View Post
                        I have that RAM, works good. :nod:
                        and maybe I'll try it then... thanks Dan

i am getting my money's worth of ram?

Comment

just a thought for when if i go 64bit, but....

my copy of vista was installed already on my PC... Microsoft are telling me to enter my 25 key that is on the DVD case of windows. i have a product key on the side of my PC, will it work?

Comment

Im not sure how the 32-64 upgrade process works, surely you ge tthe information on how its done when you buy the upgrade?

I got the OCZ platinum stuff which is basically the same just slightly tighter timings and its great Your definately getting our moneys worth at 4gb for £33!

Comment

oh good, ill order as soon as possible then.
                              :awes:awes:awes:awes:awes:awes:awes:awes:awes:awes :awes:awes:awes:awes:awes

oh, hang on... just found this

is this better for a £2.50 difference?

Comment

The latency doesn't make any real difference to Core 2 CPUs, but it's up to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X