Which one is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is better?

I am gonna buy a new PC, i found 2 good PCs but i don't know which one is better, so i want your help.
    First PC:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 duo E8400 3.0GHz
    RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM
    Video card: nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB VRAM
    HD: 320GB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Second PC:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM
    Video card: nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB of VRAM
    HD: 320GB
    I'm gonna use the PC for gaming.(they both cost the same price)

Re: Which one is better?

Don't get either, the 9500GT is terrible for gaming.

Start a thread in the Tech Centre and they'll sort you out with the best bargains and advice. Expect to be told to "build your own" though.

Comment

I am guessing this is pre built, in which case I would go for Skaggys advice or find something with a more powerful graphics card

but if I had to choose it would be the e8400 build

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
        I am guessing this is pre built, in which case I would go for Skaggys advice or find something with a more powerful graphics card

but if I had to choose it would be the e8400 build
        Word.

Be honest I would just sit tight for a month or two cuz the launch of the i7 cores is bound to slash the prices on C2D and mobos at most retail stores making a custom build for a decent hi end machine even cheaper than now.

Nonetheless if you only gaming all you need is two threads tops but if you plan on multitasking n vid editing then the quad is better.

I'd recommend building a computer though, its easy and fun

Comment

Oh lord. When i said post in Tech Centre, i meant "Tech Centre" not "PC".

Moving.

--------------------------------------------------

the E8400 system would be a better gamer, but the 9500gt is absolutely awful. It will not play any modern game well.

Comment

The 9500GT is between the 8600GT and 8600GTS, huge gap there.

Build it yourself, you will spend a bit of time doing it but it will save you a lot of money if you do it right. You can get a 9800GT for $80, much more powerful than the 9500. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143154

Comment

Originally posted by System
              Be honest I would just sit tight for a month or two cuz the launch of the i7 cores is bound to slash the prices on C2D and mobos at most retail stores making a custom build for a decent hi end machine even cheaper than now.
              Doubt it, the high end parts will just fizzle away and be replaced. Might see a slight cut in prices but that will be more to do with undercutting AMD rather than the i7.

Comment

In a recent article, Intel stated that they don't think i7 will become mainstream which implies that they aren't going to phase out old C2D/Q's any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                  In a recent article, Intel stated that they don't think i7 will become mainstream which implies that they aren't going to phase out old C2D/Q's any time soon.
                  Maybe not C2D and the lower priced C2Q but the higher end Extreme chips which are currently priced in excess of £500 are not really classed as mainstream chips and will become redundant due to the 920. If they do drop the prices of these chips then that would be fantastic, but i can't see the point as thats giving the high end buyer more option, pulling them away from spending that little bit more on thier new technology.

I guess they gotta get rid of old stock some how tho :|:

Whats the budget your working on for this computer?

If your a bit worried about building your own PC there are guides to help you out. This video on hexus isnt bad and covers most of the basics about assembly and we can help you out with picking the specific componants.

Comment

For the same price you can swap the processor and graphics card and get something like a 9800gt with a e7200, this will be 3x faster in games

this is because the 9500gt was never designed for gaming its for apps like photoshop, 1080p video vista Aero and HTPC'S, don't think that 1GB of graphics ram is going to do anything as around 2/3 of it will sit about doing nothing other than sucking more power giving no performance boost over the standard 512mb version

Buy at least a 9600gt or you'll be really dissapointed when you play modern games

Its a good idea to read reviews before you go out an buy a graphics card, in todays market Nvidia are really good at misleading customers for example the 8800 ultra is at least 4x faster than the 9400gt but the model number suggests that bigger number the more powerful

the core i920 being £250 isnt that bad its only when you realize you have to shell out £200+ for a motherboard and £130+ for 4gigs of DDR3 ram that really makes the processor a rip off, i guess this what happens when you don't have competition in the enthusiast sector if AMD goes bust were all screwed as far as pricing is concerned

Comment

you have to remember that the first number is the series number and the second is where it fits within that range. The GTX2** series are different altogether but i can imagine they will move to GTX360 and 380 after the 200s are finished with.

Comment

patience, young grasshopper

Comment

Can any one give me specs for a good gaming PC?
                          I'm israeli and these computers that i posted their specs cost about 600$
                          I know that the 9500GT costs about 120$

Oh lord. When i said post in Tech Centre, i meant "Tech Centre" not "PC".

Moving.

--------------------------------------------------

the E8400 system would be a better gamer, but the 9500gt is absolutely awful. It will not play any modern game well.
                          I know what you said but im NEW here so i didnt know where is the tec centre so i posted it here!

Comment

Do u live in Israel? (kind of a stupid question lol). Thing is if u live in the states then we could give u websites in the states if u cath my drift. (sry for this typing its the night and i am tired :S)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                              Do u live in Israel? (kind of a stupid question lol). Thing is if u live in the states then we could give u websites in the states if u cath my drift. (sry for this typing its the night and i am tired :S)
                              I saw these computers in this website: www.ivory.co.il , Ivory is a company that sells electronics but the main thing is computers, I saw in this site a quad core Q9650 3.0GHs but its expensive.
                              and can you tell me about a good video card please?
                              and I want to run project reality with no lag.

Comment

Working...
                              X