Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did my puter...

freak out the other mornning @ me?

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary the other night and when I turned it on the following mornning it would not boot. I realized what the problem was the moment I saw the memory scan running - that being a BIOS problem but I didn't expect what I saw.

Basically everything in my BIOS was set to the opposite of what it was before or to the lowest values possible. Surely enough a quick defualt load and tweaking of the settings and 10 mins later presto its running just as good or even faster than before again but...

The question remains, why/how did that happen? I thought maybe it was the battery but its only a year old and its always plugged in so it can't be plus it hasn't done it again yet..

Ne1 think they knows?

Re: Why did my puter...

Probably just a random BIOS bug.

Comment

Ya my old A8N-32 used to occasionally decide not to post for no apparent reason. Once the CMOS was cleared it was always fine again. Nothing to worry about unless it makes a habit of doing it.

Comment

Funny it happened again today.

Comment

Run memtest86 and see whether it passes okay. Is it overclocked?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
            Run memtest86 and see whether it passes okay. Is it overclocked?
            yea but its been overclocked for a long time.

Comment

Then a component may be starting to go. If it's a high overclock (high vcore), possibly electromigration

Comment

Working...
              X