Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me get the best driver for 6600GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me get the best driver for 6600GT?

Hey guys,

Can someone help me get the best driver for 6600GT? Because im still using the same driver from 2 years ago :hmm:

I'm a newbie when it comes to computers and that sort of stuff, so just roll down the My System menu next to this post if you need my comp specs.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can someone help me get the best driver for 6600GT?

Comment

Thank you Alex. I needed that.

Comment

Best driver?

My behind, best driver (ohno) I got this on Insurgency, i seem to have streched out textures and some sort of holes are missing out of the player models.

Is there some sort of fix for this?

Comment

Use Driver Sweeper Pro and make sure you uninstall and clean them properly.

Uninstall Nvidia drivers using the normal method

Boot into safe mode, run Driver Sweeper Pro and clean "nvidia graphics" (or something like that)

Boot into normal mode, install new drivers.

Comment

How do you exactly boot in safe mode? Because i've never done that before.

Comment

Type "msconfig" into the run bar when you press the Start button on desktop.

Under the "boot" tab, tick "safe boot" and leave on "minimal". Restart.

To undo, simply do the same, but untick.

Comment

Thanks! But now i can't find the driver uninstall program.
                And with new drivers, you mean the one you linked me in your first post?

Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, the ones i linked.

Use Windows "add/remove" programs to uninstall.

Comment

When i go to safemode i just hit F8 after bios has gone through

Comment

So i could only find Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 from this site: http://phyxion.net/docman/cat_view/6.html

So that should be fine, but i gives me these options now:

So obviously i have to clean Nvidia drivers, but do i have to clean both of them or just display?

Comment

First, i assume you've uninstalled the Nvidia drivers as much as possible using "add/remove programs" in Windows Control Panel? If not, do it.

Then, before restarting automatically after uninstalling, follow the instructions i gave above about booting into safe mode. Then, restart.

It'll boot into safe mode, then open Driver Sweeper pro, and tick "Nvidia Display" and click "clean". Boot into standard Windows again (remember to turn off safe mode) and install the new drivers as normal.

Comment

EDIT:

The strecthing is still there and there seems to be a non-existent monitor made by my comp.

Can i just do a system restore and go back 3 days where i still had my old but good drivers?

In the pic there's a small part cut off, but that's cuz of Paint.

Comment

The new nvidia drivers are no good with some games apparently, mainly Battlefield, but could be other games aswell.
                            Try the omegadrivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php

Comment

Try some older drivers then.

System restore will not work as the files were deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X