Finally Upgrading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Upgrading...

So I'm finally getting around to upgrading my computer and I just wanted to see your guys' opinions. I'm only looking at upgrading the Mobo, Processor, and Memory. So feel free to post suggestions but try to keep them in the same price ranges that I already have. Anyways...

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G

Processor - Intel E8400
    Buy Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 - Core 2 Duo Wolfdale Dual-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 775 65W Processor - BX80570E8400 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Memory - Patriot DDR2 1066 2x1gb
    Buy Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC22G8500ELK with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Thanks in advance :yay:

Re: Finally Upgrading...

Looks good to me, except for the memory i dont exactly know if you need memory at that speed i thought that ones that run at 800Mhz are pretty ok i dunno really but all in all including the memory looks good.

A word of advice you may want to look into upgrading that gfx card in the near future.

Comment

What's your current RAM speed? With 2.5GB, I'd be tempted to dump the 8600GT instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
        Looks good to me, except for the memory i dont exactly know if you need memory at that speed i thought that ones that run at 800Mhz are pretty ok i dunno really but all in all including the memory looks good.
        If you're not overclocking, 800mhz is fine, but if you plan on overclocking, the faster the better.

Comment

^ Thnx for the info Alex

Comment

The reason for that is because as you raise the FSB, the memory has to run faster. So, if you wanted to drop the multiplier and increase FSB, memory would hold you back.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound View Post
                What's your current RAM speed? With 2.5GB, I'd be tempted to dump the 8600GT instead.
                Right now I'm running DDR 333 on a motherboard that came in a computer that was on sale for $200 2 years ago. I'll get around to upgrading my GPU sometime this year.

Comment

Working...
                X