G5 mouse @!&*@@%?#$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 mouse @!&*@@%?#$

I bought a logitech G5 mouse a while back and it worked great until a few weeks ago.

Whenever I hit one of the thumb buttons (button 4, the smaller one) while in game, the dpi resets itself to the lowest setting. In order to get it to go back, I have to minimize the game, open setpoint, click "ok" and cose setpoint then maximize the game and it'll be fine until I hit the button again.

I had a G7 before this and never had this problem. The G5 worked great for the first few months I had it until recently. I tried updating to the newest setpoint version (twice... with a clean install both times) and it didn't change anything.

Anyone have this problem before ??

It's bothering me because I use the small thumb button for TS.

i have this mouse and i have had no such problem. ill look into it though.

Comment

Originally posted by [101]L|Cpt.Poko[SA]
      i have this mouse and i have had no such problem. ill look into it though.

Thanks, but don't start with the Logitech Help forums ....they are no help at all.

Comment

funny you should say that i just replaced my g5 with a new mouse becuse it was trippin its tits off after three month or so but it was every time i scrolled mouse wheel i tried roll back update new drivers and nothing helped , after getting a new one i discovered that my usb were loosing power (fluctuating ) too many used in game so i tried using just what i needed game board(keyboard) mouse reinstalled drivers and it seems to work with no probs !

but laser mice seem to be more sensetive to electrical flutuations somthing to do with the mhz on usb and also have you added anything new (hardware) ? that might have driver conflict (ie new keyboard hid compliant )

Comment

Ive been using the G5 for, about 3-4 months no problems. First ive heard of any problems with one. I use my buttons for knife and reload all that. No problems.

Id go with what Path was saying however. Have you added any new hardware, new video card, sound card, etc. What are your windows settings for button 4? Do you play full screen? Try using a diffrent USB port in the mean time, possible the one your using now is having a hardware failure. Im not sure but im thinking they have a wireless version is that what you use or do you use wired?

Comment

Uninstall the drivers (i.e. setpoint), unless you specifically use them for something. I used to have them installed for my mouse and keyboard, but after I built my new PC I didn't bother installing them, and I have to say it's made everything a whole lot simpler.

If this fails, RMA the mouse.

Comment

Buy a G9, its uber sexy!! :P

But yeah, like Penny, i never installed the drivers when i used the G5, no need really. Works a treat without!

Comment

ye hellboy this happend to me once...i fixed it by re installing it and putting not drivers on. I er...also bashed it on the wall...ye...4 days after buying it lol

Comment

had mine for well over a year now and still workin great

Comment

The only reason I use the Setpoint is because I have the thumb button 4 set to "keystroke assignment " ..... i then have my TS talk set to a unused key, and have the setpoint to the same key.
                    TS doesn't recognize the thumbutton so I can't do it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                    X