guide request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guide request

can someone make a hot upgrade/built a cumputer? what to think of and such..

Re: guide request

I'll do a build guide when I build my PC in July if you like.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

I could take this one apart and build it again with pics...ill see..might do it tommorow...I have nothing better to do over summer holidays :P

Comment

That would be awesome Powderhound. If you need any parts of it done give me a shout. I can take things apart and explain

Comment

Other than Intel heatsinks install differently,

Comment

make sure you check in with Alex, he's always on top of things.

Comment

I intend to do a couple of guides, with one on choosing components and one on the build itself.

Comment

I started that ages ago. Maybe i'll finish as a case buying guide.

Comment

Why don't you do an overclocking guide?

Actually, should we create a thread where guide requests can be grouped together and allocated?

Also, maybe guides should have a difficulty rating so that people can decide whether they're up to it.

Comment

Because it's going to take aaaaages and I don't have a great deal of time at the moment.

I will at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
                        Why don't you do an overclocking guide?

Actually, should we create a thread where guide requests can be grouped together and allocated?

Also, maybe guides should have a difficulty rating so that people can decide whether they're up to it.
                        Overclocking guide would be tough due to different BIOS of different motherboards. but you could do a somewhat generic one just explaining what changing certain things like voltages and fsb does.

Comment

Re-invent the wheel or just link to guides that are already out there?

Overclocking Prerequisites: 1. A Phenom CPU, B2 or B3 is fine. B2 will not give you problems because of the TLB. I've had phenoms since they were...

**Disclaimer** Overclocking can possibly damage hardware if not done with care, and sometimes even when care has been taken. Guru3D, WildStyle or...

HOWTO: Overclock C2D Quads and C2D Duals - A Guide v1.7 Edited on 08-Jun-2008: Guide is now version 1.7 – added a 2nd example minimizing the vcores on...

Comment

Not reinvent, but refine.

I think it's useful to make our own guides as we can customize them, amend them, answer questions and hopefully bring in new faces to this area

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
                              This would be a great idea. It would give people the opportunity to do these guides if they can't think of a topic to do one on, and it's what the community want to know!

Comment

Working...
                              X