Need help with vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with vista

I recently got Windows Vista Ultimate, but it seems buggy at times. For example, when first logging in, my HD will continue to stay active like it's always working even though I'm not doing anything :/ It finally goes back to normal after 10 minutes but it is rather annoying to have to wait that long for vista to fully load

Specs:
    4200+X2
    2 Gigs DDr2
    Geforce 8800 GTs 320mb
    Western Digital SATA 160 gigs

It's normal. Vista just does a LOT more back ground stuff than XP. It indexes stuff for quick search.

Just surf to search settings and un-check all the location check boxes. Control panel --> write in search box 'search' --> Indexing options

It goes away after some time. I had the same gripes about it too when I got my Vista a while back.

Comment

More than likely Superfetch getting itself organized. On a fresh install of Vista that sort of thing can take a few days till it gets itself sorted.

If you haven't seen it yet might want to give this a good read,

Comment

Remember to go turn off all the crap that comes with Ultimate. They include a lot of stuff that you don't need running in the background unless you are running a business.

Comment

Working...
        X