Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal from dell?

My Components
    Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
    Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
    320GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
    Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
    No Monitor
    128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Dell 19 in 1 Media Reader with Bluetooth
    Dell USB Keyboard
    Dell Optical USB Mouse
    56K PCI Data Fax Modem
    My Software & Accessories
    No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
    Adobe Elements Studio for XPS™ 420
    Trend Micro Internet Security 15-months
    Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
    My Service
    1Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor,24x7 Phone Support
    Free 10GB DataSafe Online Backup for 1Year
    No ISP requested
    Also Includes
    Dell Media Card Reader included in Dell Bluetooth Package
    Windows Vista™ Premium
    Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
    No Entertainment software pre-installed

ALL FOR $999 USD. Free shipping, and it comes with a 100 dollar dell giftcard. Note: I won't be using the video card that comes with it, I would be getting an 8800 320 probably, or maybe a 760 depending on the price. Also, it can't do SLI. Does that really matter for now?

thats a very good deal for the price and i reccomend a 8800gt gpu but its your choice

Comment

Can you not just go for a normal Core 2 Duo and then upgrade the graphics?

Comment

if you want sli it depends on the games you play. if you are going to play crysis yu will definetly need sli

Comment

No deal is good enough from Dell. The reason is that motherboards are usually "customized" and lack either memory slots and other slots. Plus BIOS is usually limited. Here you can deduce that this mobo offers 4 slots which is normal. And it has either 8x PCIE or 16x PCIE. It would serve you well to find out which one it is. It's not a real deal killer but later on if you want to upgrade the card this might become the bottleneck and stumbling block.

I also would change the graphics card right off the bat. This 2400 Pro is not a diamond in disguise.

Unless you can find out what motherboard and it's specifications they offer here I would pass. Of course if you just plan to stick with this with no upgrades in the future then it's ok.

And like the people have pointed out you can quite esily get the equivalent and better system just by setting it up yourself.

Comment

Supprisingly good deal
            (In Some Ways)

It all looks good until you reach the Graphics, rather a let down!

As Alex said, change the CPU to Core 2 Duo, and get a BETTER Graphics card, you'd need it...

With the Core 2 Duo, you wouldnt notice a differ in performance honestly...

Also the MoBo's Dell Offers are mostly USELESS lacks PCI-E, Memory slots, EVERYTHING really... there annoying and pathetic..

Maybe build your own, you'd build a better rig for the money!

$999 Seems a little steep!

Maybe because of the on-going add ons Dell slaps on..

xD

Comment

You could build urself somthing alot better for about $900.. to play game's you would have to buy a new gpu for the dell right away anyway..

Originally posted by Sc_Knight View Post
              Supprisingly good deal
              (In Some Ways)

It all looks good until you reach the Graphics, rather a let down!

As Alex said, change the CPU to Core 2 Duo, and get a BETTER Graphics card, you'd need it...

With the Core 2 Duo, you wouldnt notice a differ in performance honestly...

Also the MoBo's Dell Offers are mostly USELESS lacks PCI-E, Memory slots, EVERYTHING really... there annoying and pathetic..

Maybe build your own, you'd build a better rig for the money!

$999 Seems a little steep!

Maybe because of the on-going add ons Dell slaps on..

xD

Not true.. you will see the quad core is faster by about 20% but not in game's just everything else..

Comment

DELL, must i say more.

Comment

You Americans and your rebates

$797 without Vista, saves your $203. < $75 Instant rebate additional $50 mail in.

$902 with Vista Premium, saves you $97 < $82 Instant rebate additional $50 mail in.

would probably stick to the 1st one and put XP on it, so you would really only have to fork out $70 more for the 8800GT instead of $270.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                    Not true.. you will see the quad core is faster by about 20% but not in game's just everything else..
                    The majority of games aren't multi threaded, so that's not true. You will not see a 20% performance increase.

Comment

A dell is totally uncustomizable with a bad mobo and very limited BIOS options. Forget overclocking. Building it yourself is the way to go.

Comment

My parents are doing dell so they can finance it over 5 months. And like I said, It is a PCI-E slot, and All I'm going to upgrade would be the video card.

Comment

xodus, what is it? dimensions? inspiron? and what's the PSU?

I have a dell inspiron 531 (the one in my sig) and i'm gonna be upgrading the 8600GT to an 8800GT this christmas. It has a 300W psu which may be OK for the 8800GT. I've heard mixed things about whether or not 300W is good enough for 88GT, but if it's not, I'll just upgrade the PSU. And incase you were wondering, yes the 8800GT fits in the case, and yes my motherboard has a PCI-E slot

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                            The majority of games aren't multi threaded, so that's not true. You will not see a 20% performance increase.
                            Read befor u reply.. I said not in game's..

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                            xodus, what is it? dimensions? inspiron? and what's the PSU?

I have a dell inspiron 531 (the one in my sig) and i'm gonna be upgrading the 8600GT to an 8800GT this christmas. It has a 300W psu which may be OK for the 8800GT. I've heard mixed things about whether or not 300W is good enough for 88GT, but if it's not, I'll just upgrade the PSU. And incase you were wondering, yes the 8800GT fits in the case, and yes my motherboard has a PCI-E slot
                            yeah you are going to want at least 450 watt's I would go with 500 just to be sure..

Comment

Working...
                            X