I wanna hit myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna hit myself

I'm the most biggest dumba## going, I cant believe how much prices dropped for intel, I mean it cost me $180 for my 4200+X2 and now I can get an e6700 for like 210 do you guys think my proc can still play DX10 decently?

My Rig
    AMD Athlon 4200+X2
    2 gigs DDR2
    XFX 7900 GS Extreme Editon(8800 GTS coming soon)
    EVGA 590 SLI

Re: I wanna hit myself

Personallly, i would save and the build a whole new machine because you will need a new mobo with an Intel CPU, and i'm not sure, but you might want DDR3 RAM, depending on whether the price comes down or not.

Comment

Alex is right, the GFX would handle it but onlt on Medium settings, the 8800GTS would run everything hgh depending on Proccessor!

So either buy from dell, so you can add what you like to it, or just simply build one like me

Besta Lux

Ps. alex98uk Rawks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sc_Knight View Post
        So either buy from dell
        Dell is EVIL

Originally posted by Sc_Knight View Post
        Ps. alex98uk Rawks!!
        Ya, i guess i do...

Comment

Lol that sucks.

But before you go looking at the C2D's just sit down and wait. the 45nm line is coming out with in half a year so... May as well brag to us how you have the newest and best OC'ing cpu in half a year don't ya think?

Or you can just build a cheaper 60nm C2D computer come around that time. I don't think your really in any need of a new build any time soon...

Comment

I know lol, I just built this one

Comment

:evil:Yes i agree with system, you dont need a new build, and iv seem these new OC'ing Stuff and it looks brill, so what, then brag its what id wanna do lol!

Comment

Well, I played the world in conflict demo last night. All the graphic settings are on high (the max. is "very high"), and it runs pretty good. My specs:
                Athlon 64 X2 4000+
                1GB DDR2
                Geforce 8600GT
                Windows Vista home premium

so if I can play on all high with my system (and only 1GB of ram), then I'm pretty sure you can too.

Comment

i thought 2GB of ram was needed to run BF2 to a decent standard,
                  And Nice GFX!

I like that game too i might buy when i build my new pc

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                    I'm the most biggest dumba## going, I cant believe how much prices dropped for intel, I mean it cost me $180 for my 4200+X2 and now I can get an e6700 for like 210 do you guys think my proc can still play DX10 decently?

My Rig
                    AMD Athlon 4200+X2
                    2 gigs DDR2
                    EVGA 590 SLI

from a few reviews i have read asking the same q's (i also have a 4200x2)

a 8800 would work just fine.

at lower res c2d would have the edge,but at higher res it would be down to the gfx card and not the cpu,there doesn't seem to be alot between them.(when res it high)

of course it depends on what games you play,

farcry for example benefits from a fast cpu ,where as newer games like fear don't need a fast cpu,fear just needs a good gfx card.

lets face it why on earth would any want to have a 8800 and a fast cpu and play there games on low for stupid frame rates.

if you're going to get a 8800 then you most likely want everything on high including res.

rpg's would most likely benefit from more cpu power,but i doubt u be disappointed with a 8800 in you're pc

Comment

i had a 4400+X2 before I got an E6600.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post

My Rig
                        AMD Athlon 4200+X2
                        2 gigs DDR2
                        EVGA 590 SLI
                        Yeah, well you are saying that now, and by the time you get a e6700, that will be old, and there will be something new out. So, you will get that new thing, then a few months later you will make a post just like this on how much you paid for it when it first came out and how much you can get it for after a few months. That's sort of how electronics are these days..

Comment

Working...
                        X