Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSU question.. need help plz

hey .. i have this power supply - http://www.amamax.com/fshlil500wad.html
    and im getting the x1950pro >>AGP<< 512mb... i just read in a review that the card requires 30 amps on a 12 volt rail.. i have no idea what that is ..

willl my power supply work?

thanks

Re: PSU question.. need help plz

Damn thats a crap psu, and no it won't meet the power requirements for that new card.

Comment

well , yea its a piece of shyte.. no doubt.

after an all night of researching,reading about the x1950pro agp and what is meant by the specs needed by the psu that runs it..( argh.. wtf) I found this psu -

... will it suit my current needs?..I dont want to put any more $ into this pc than i have to because im not gonna use it more than 6-8 more mnths .

thx for taking the time to help.

>>edit<<

o well.. im just gonna order it.. im pretty sure it will work .. i hope..

also i have 1 80g HD and 1 DVD drive and 1 cd drive in my pc . will i need any more connectors or adapters other than what comes with that psu i found?

thx alot

>>edit<<

well..I ordered it.. Crossed fingers..

Comment

Again, another craptastic psu. It should work, but I doubt it'll last more than a few months.

Comment

well that just fine by me... like said im not spending any more than ihave to on this pc.. "craptastic" or not.. as long as it will work i really dont care..

Comment

well you should care because the PSU can take the GFX card with it and you'll be crap out of luck.

Comment

when i bought the 2 more gigs or ram and the new card - x1950pro agp to put into my old p4 3.0ghz pc i didnt plan on buying a 100$ psu as well.. I JUST BOUGHT THIS ONE at xmas w/e my old one blew when i hooked a new x1600pro 512mb agp to it ( ON XMAS DAY )
              This pc is in its last days ( mnths ) so if the mf psu meets the requirements for the card i dont see a problem..i mean damn, why the *&#^ would a psu that meets all the requirements not work anyway? what the &#37;#$# are they even on the market for if they "wont work" ?? I totally understand what you are saying as far as the quality of that psu compared to other psu at a higher price , but I still believe that a product should AT LEAST do wtf it says it will do.I mean ... If thats the case then hell... Im gonna start selling my used bath towels on the net and say there "flying carpets"....Its all a load of crap if you ask me...
              FTW

Comment

I spent nearly 200 dollars on my psu. 35 just isn't enough for a semi-good one.

I have the NeoHE 550W. Its not exactly brand new anymore, but its been a damn good one. 3 12V rails each rated at 18Amps. Thats 56Amps on the 12V.

Now you can get the same PSU for 100 bucks on newegg.

Comment

If you buy a crappy PSU and it dies o you it will also take everything else with it.

The other plus side to getting a decent PSU is that it will also give you the required amount of power to each piece f hardware, unlike cheap models.
                  Here is a list of some top performance PSU's...

Antec, Tagan, CoolerMaster, Corsair, Hiper, Seasonic, OCZ,

Comment

If your pc is in its final days why waste money on a lost cause? save for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X