Over heating issue, helpies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating issue, helpies!

My laptop [Dell Inspiron 1521] is getting awfully hot when i play BF 2 or run mutliple things like windows media player, firefox, Aim and/or xfire chat, all at once.

The fan is on the top left corner, and theres a tiny vent on the side of my lappy acting as the exhaust [ya know the fan sucks cool air, the vent blows warm]. it's been getting almost too hot to touch at times, and I'm worried about it. :shock: Any suggestions?

The processor is a AMD TL-60 2.00 GHz, and it runs everything fine no lag, I got Vista Premium too. So any ideas how to keep this thing chilled down without sacrificing usage?:salute:

Re: Over heating issue, helpies!

Blow a fan onto the laptop, like a desk fan or something. Sorry but its the only thing i can think of, if it was a desktop computer id say open the side and either insert a new fan or blow the desk fan into it. Try directing the fan towards the vent of your laptop or any place where the air can be distributed around the innards of your laptop.

Comment

Get a laptop cooling pad!!! They are fairly cheap and they will help cool the bottom of the notebook, and keep things a lot cooler than what your describing now!

Comment

Dunk it in the freezer.

What does speedfan read?

Comment

How do I tell what the speed fan reads?

Whats a cooling pad, never heard of that...

I'll try the fan thing and see if can help any.

Comment

LM75, pwm, digital temperature sensor, digital sensor, i2c, smbus, 2-wire, digital, analog, speedfan, computer, hardware monitor, fan control, voltages, fan, rpm, hard disk, system management bus, smart, change fan speed, windows 8, scsi, raid, 3ware, lsi, areca, matrix raid

Comment

Open the cover and blow out the heatsink with compressed air also.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
                Open the cover and blow out the heatsink with compressed air also.
                thats what I would do. try a google search, you should be able to remove a panel on the front, then remove the keyboard which should give you better access to blow out the heatsink and fan area.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Akasa branded products including cables, cases, card readers, coolers, external enclosures, fans in many colours, hubs, and power supplies

I use one of these at work sometimes in excess if 60 degrees celcius and it keeps my laptop running nicely.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gonna blow the heatsink with compressed air and see if it impacts the temp. :-D

Comment

i had the same problems i resolved with a fan blowing into the air intake and a cooling mat, sorting it out xD

Comment

Working...
                      X