I NEED HELP!! plz:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED HELP!! plz:)

Okay, so basically, I had a desktop computer (HP) and a moniter. Well, my friend gave me a 480 watt power suppy(alienware) ad I took it home to the broken HP, took out the old power suppy (200) and plugged it in and it ran fine. the problem is that for some reason I can plug the cord into the power supply, turning the computer on, or i can plug it into the monitor, but i can't do both. I dont know, but is there supposed to be a cord that has two ends to it or something? Because all the cords we had got put into one box and stored, an theres only one cord. So, WTF. I have no idea what to do, so can someone please help me!??!?!!

Re: I NEED HELP!! plz

Go to a comp store they can sell u 1

Comment

You need another cord, LOL.

The reason being, that HP supply had sockets for both monitor and PC, and the monitor would draw power from the power supply. Not good.

Comment

Ya, its just i thought i was doing something wrong. thanks, cause now i know why my computer broke twice. :salute:

(admin can delete this now.)

Comment

IBTL

Yea, you can pick them up cheap from almost any store....

Comment

IBTL

Yeah um, what they said :]

I had one like you before and it burned my power supply horribly. So I got a new one and whammo.

Comment

Working...
            X