Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Worried!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Over the last few months or years i havnt had a great time with PC's but all i want to do now if play Bf2 and bf2142!!!.

For my 16th birthday i want to get this PC

heres the specs!
    Choose Your Vista ® or Windows XP ® Software (Also provided without)
    AMD AM2 Athlon™ 64 X2-3800+ Dual Core (Upgrades Below)
    MSI K9NGM-L Nvidia Nforce Chipset Motherboard (Upgrades Below)
    17 " Haans G Widescreen HW173A - 8 M/S Response Rate
    1024 MB DDR 2 667 MHz Memory - Samsung or Elixir
    80 Sata 2 Hard Drive - Seagate
    Asus nvidia EN8500GT SILENT/HTD/256M Graphics (Upgrade Below)
    Samsung 18 X DVD RW / 40 X CD Writer Drive
    Keyboard & Wired Optical Mouse Set
    8024 400 Watt Colors IT Case
    7.1 Digital Soundcard
    Front Audio & 2 USB 2.0 Connectors
    Rear Audio & 4-6 Rear USB 2.0 Connectors
    10/100 Ethernet Included
    5 Year Warranty - 3 Years Parts & Remaining 2 Years Free Labour
    Extra Bundled Software - See Below (Only provided if you purchase an OS)
    Many Upgrades Available Below

sorry if thats a bit over the top lol

can you please tell me how well this will run bf2

Thanks in advance everyone!.

Re: Im Worried!

I would change proc, g card and the PSU otherwise high end.

Comment

Like I said in your other thread, it'll run. It'll look like crap though, and perform pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef View Post
        Like I said in your other thread, it'll run. It'll look like crap though, and perform pretty bad.
        So if i add this stuff to it will it make a big difference?

4200 AMD 64 Dual Core
        EN8500GT 512MB (Graphics)
        1024 DDR 2 800 MHz Memory Extra ram! that is! (Ram im guessing!)

Comment

Originally posted by coltboy View Post
          So if i add this stuff to it will it make a big difference?

4200 AMD 64 Dual Core
          EN8500GT 512MB (Graphics)
          1024 DDR 2 800 MHz Memory Extra ram! that is! (Ram im guessing!)
          The faster processor will help with everyday stuff, and you should definitely get the ram, but that gpu is still extremely slow and the extra vram won't help at all. It'll still run very poorly.

Comment

Please, do not go for AMD processors. They are perhaps the worst slowest and worst value products that you can buy now. Look for either a Intel Core 2 Duo E6350 (Good, as long as it is overclocked), or a E6750, which only costs £116 which is a bloody good deal!

As for motherboards, either go for a P965 chipset board or a P35 chipset (the newer version). I think the E6750 may require a P35 chipset as it is built around a 1333mhz Front Side Bus.

Minimum you should go for on a graphics card is a 8600gt, although, to play BF2 at max and ensure future compatibility, go for the 8800gts 320mb

Finally, for RAM, BF2 really requires 2gb for optimum stability during gameplay. The speed of it doesn't make too much difference, but try to aim for PC6400 as a minimum. As for CAS latency timings, AMD systems require tighter timings such as "4-4-4-12", whilst Intel systems can perform just as well with looser CAS timings such as "5-5-5-15". So, don't buy low latency RAM for a premium if you are buying a Intel based machine!

Comment

Dont you think thats over kill Alex? Its only BF2!! He can get a cheaper video card and it will run bf2 flawlessly. The cpu isnt that bad at all. He definitely needs to upgrade his ram to at least 2 gigs though.

Comment

yeah man my 4200+ and 7900 GS run BF2 at 100+ FPS

Comment

It may be overkill, but when you buy a computer, you may as well get something that is going to play some new games well. I understand you saying it may cost too much, however, by building a computer yourself, and using forums to look out for online deals, it is possible to build yourself a high spec PC for £600 or something. Check out the latest issue of Custom PC magazine if you don't believe me!

A lot of people upgrade a bit so they can play BF2 at max, which is great, but then complain when Fear, Crysis or some other relatvely new game won't even play at 1280x1024. If your going to upgrade, then its worth saving up a little so you can buy yourself something that will last for 3 years or so, and then do the whole thing again.
                  Doing small upgrades often leads to dissapointment after a matter of months!

Comment

Working...
                  X