I love vista <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love vista <3

I made a thread a while back about vista and how much I liked it then... I have grown to LOVE it. Everything is so much easier for me compared to XP. I believe the only reason anyone complains about it is because they have problems using a scene release and blame it on Microsoft. Or are open source rules all fags who believe everything should be free. Go back to Cuba communist

But yes, about Vista. Everything about it: The start bar, just type in the first few letters. The sidebar, shows the date and a notepad anything you want. I'm sure there's even an xbox live friends list gadget. When I installed XP on this maching a wihle back. I had to search for 2 weeks for the correct drivers for my motherboards' internet socket and had to pay to talk to intel in the end to get them. I installed Vista and whaddya know, EVERYTHING installs automatically and it works. Internet out of the box. I have a 360 controller I use to chat with. (I use the headset part) Since my old headset broke and it sucks. XP couldn't ever find the drivers for the headset part of the controller. I plug it into Vista and it installs and is up and running in a few seconds.

Sure, you may think it's slow. GET ANOTHER GIG OF RAM. It's recommended MINIMUM 1 gig I think. That means you should have 3. I'm getting very little slow downs, occasionly when I'm running Zune, 3DS Max, and Photoshop all at the same time. But other than that, no lag or slowdown.

My specs:

P4 2.53 ghz
    1 gig ram
    bfg 6600 oc

So here's how it should be. You can't complain about vista until "test driving" it for a month at least, and having a good enough computer to run it

Vista Ftw:salute:

Re: I love vista &lt;3

yeah i was guna get it but i looked at this.

Windows Vista Ultimate: 499$ Canadian

2 More gigs of ram: 109$ Canadian

Ummm, give me some money? kthnx

luvz, deadcrapz

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_

luvz, deadcrapz
      Go for the OEM version. Its much cheaper, and although (in theory) the cd-key can can only be used once, the Windows support team in India are often very useful. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_

luvz, deadcrapz
        Ummm... Time for a new retail store for someone...

Windows Vista Ultimate: $310 CDN.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...7971&CatId=672

Note - Canadacomputers.com is prolly even cheaper but there site is currently down.

EDIT:

Doing another scan through for vista 64bit, I found ultimate for $265 this time.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...4286&CatId=306

Though I wonder why you want ultimate when all you need is home premium for like $160

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...4283&CatId=306

Comment

Yeah, business and ultimate are just stuff that business's use.

Comment

Grab an "upgrade" version :laugh:

Comment

Vista 64 Home Premium is best for gaming ...no real need for Ultimate. I got this OEM copy online for $130. Because its OEM, Microsoft Support is not free, whereas the retail box versions get free support. But even if I paid for the support, its still about the same. I have been able to answer my questions online anyway. All updates are the same as well. I really like the product ...the Sidebar is very nice, I have BF2 stats right there, but mostly, if you want to ever get to 4 gigs ram, Vista 64 is it.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                Vista 64 Home Premium is best for gaming ...no real need for Ultimate. I got this OEM copy online for $130. Because its OEM, Microsoft Support is not free, whereas the retail box versions get free support. But even if I paid for the support, its still about the same. I have been able to answer my questions online anyway. All updates are the same as well. I really like the product ...the Sidebar is very nice, I have BF2 stats right there, but mostly, if you want to ever get to 4 gigs ram, Vista 64 is it.
                Yeah I'm looking into getting home premium 64 OEM too.. Mine will cost $132 though =/. Close enough lol..

Unless of course yours is in USD vs my CDN?!?!?!

Comment

yes System...it is US dollars, but that was a couple months ago and what your paying sounds close enough ...your gonna like it.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                    yes System...it is US dollars, but that was a couple months ago and what your paying sounds close enough ...your gonna like it.
                    Ok, I'll look into it soon. I'm debating, vista or 47" 1080p lcd first Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X