Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    I can understand the hate for T3 and especially the hate for T4, which in both cases is well deserved, if aimed and well argumented. T3 bent some major rules and ditched a lot of established concepts. T4 ditched all the remaining ones and just stuck to the "whats cool this year?" tune. But T2 was every bit as good as T1 and surpassed it in every way. Very much like Aliens did to Alien, but less subtly.

I wasnt "there" on the Godfather 2 hating period. I actually watched the whole trilogy last year for pretty much the first time as I remember from my childhood that I didnt like them and I thought they were a little straining and demanded an adult mindset. I was not disappointed when I watched them at the age of 23.

And everyone knows that Shawshank Redemption is the best movie of all time
    Though I do agree Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie, the reason, like The Godfather, Goodfellas, Fight Club etc. - is that they are based on books, loosely or not. The film, should involve everything that is meant to be part of it, from the basic idea, to the writing, screenplay, production, release etc. The aforementioned score well on everything but the writing, it's not purely original work of the people within the film (director etc).

Hence, if I were to choose a film that is the work of only the people involved with the film, with no previous written base, it'd be Chinatown by Roman Polanski.

Comment

I had forgotten about the first terminator for whatever reason. I should have said the first two were good, the others were terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
        I had forgotten about the first terminator for whatever reason. I should have said the first two were good, the others were terrible.
        Mankind's sanity has been somewhat restored. Now, to change Nirvana's respect.

THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vikaman
          Though I do agree Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie, the reason, like The Godfather, Goodfellas, Fight Club etc. - is that they are based on books, loosely or not. The film, should involve everything that is meant to be part of it, from the basic idea, to the writing, screenplay, production, release etc. The aforementioned score well on everything but the writing, it's not purely original work of the people within the film (director etc).

Hence, if I were to choose a film that is the work of only the people involved with the film, with no previous written base, it'd be Chinatown by Roman Polanski.
          Plenty of great movies without prewritten or pre-made base of any kind, but the amusing thing is that most of the TOP 20 on IMDB are based on a novel or a preexisting franchise.

I do not agree with the idea that a film should be 100% original, with its script written without a base. Some of the best ideas, settings, atmosphere and characters are based on other great ideas without being crafter as well in their original form.

Comment

The whole moviegoing world disagrees with you.

-

Whats up with hating Terminators and Nirvana? Is this the time of the year when people like to hate well established, popular yet high quality stuff just to differenciate themselves from the "masses"?
            Originally posted by Boreas
            I dont like nirvana at all, and the terminators werent bad. Not necessarily good, but not bad. The only thing i really liked that came out of the terminator movies was the ride at universal theme park in florida
            Because rejecting the sequels and applauding the 'well established' first movie is haute culture.

Oh no, Godfather is the best movie ever, Godfather 2 was a bastards child, it's horrible compared to the first.
            Idiots.

It's a new trend. Annoying to say the least.
            I can understand the hate for T3 and especially the hate for T4, which in both cases is well deserved, if aimed and well argumented. T3 bent some major rules and ditched a lot of established concepts. T4 ditched all the remaining ones and just stuck to the "whats cool this year?" tune. But T2 was every bit as good as T1 and surpassed it in every way. Very much like Aliens did to Alien, but less subtly.

I wasnt "there" on the Godfather 2 hating period. I actually watched the whole trilogy last year for pretty much the first time as I remember from my childhood that I didnt like them and I thought they were a little straining and demanded an adult mindset. I was not disappointed when I watched them at the age of 23.

And everyone knows that Shawshank Redemption is the best movie of all time

Originally posted by Spik3d
            Mankind's sanity has been somewhat restored. Now, to change Nirvana's respect.

THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Plenty of great movies without prewritten or pre-made base of any kind, but the amusing thing is that most of the TOP 20 on IMDB are based on a novel or a preexisting franchise.

I do not agree with the idea that a film should be 100% original, with its script written without a base. Some of the best ideas, settings, atmosphere and characters are based on other great ideas without being crafter as well in their original form.
            Wrong thread,

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
              Wrong thread,

Hahaha, this is true.

Comment

I think there should be guidelines for this thread now! If there ain't a picture or a video in your post it should get deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Astley
                  The beginning of whats probably my favorite scene from that whole series.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha sooo true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                        The beginning of whats probably my favorite scene from that whole series.
                        What series was the TF2 picture from?

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
                          What series was the TF2 picture from?
                          Band of Brothers. Should be a popular one around these parts haha.

Comment

This thread is meant to be funny guys srsly...

Comment

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBw9E2Q_aY[/media]
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X