Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

they first advertised it as being the dimensions of exactly three sticks of gum stacked upon each other.

so thats probably why they say that. if you advertise it to be the size of something edible - make sure people don't eat it.

Comment

Hey it is tara and john the directors of MSN, sorry for the interruption but
      msn is closing down. this is because too many inconsiderate people are
      taking up all the name (eg making up lots of different accounts for just one
      person), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your
      account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your
      account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no
      joke, we will be shutting down the servers. Send it on, thanks. WHO EVER
      DOES NOT SEND THIS MESSEAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED AND YOU WILL COST
      10.00 A MONTH TO USE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
      KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS or REPLAY. COPY THE WHOLE EMAIL.
      GO BACK TO YOUR INBOX AND CLICK ON NEW. AND PASTE THANK YOU FOR YOUR
      ATTENTION. It's no joke if you don't believe me then go to the site
      (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1189119.stm ) and see for yourself.
      Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn dude
      will become blue

lamest spam ever?

Comment

Sunday, 25 February, 2001, 11:00 GMT

Comment

The power of misconception and wrong context. The epic picture of Chris Bale in Leadcannons signature can be summarised as a pictorial sum of all interweb manliness and awesomeness, and for gay and hetero man alike, is a signature of "Fvck yeah!"-esque manly bravado.

But for those of us who know the video the picture was capped in, the value of the picture dropped by more than a half. Even further, the lack of Batemans sexual skill and tact can even go as far as signaturing the pucture as an "Epic Fail".

So, what is the point? The point is- CONTEXT. For the ignorant ones, the picture is epic win. For the ones with knowledge (and dignity), the picture is epic fail.

As such, my old Jason Bourne signature > all others. Because no matter which aspect you look at it from, its awesome no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
            The power of misconception and wrong context. The epic picture of Chris Bale in Leadcannons signature can be summarised as a pictorial sum of all interweb manliness and awesomeness, and for gay and hetero man alike, is a signature of "Fvck yeah!"-esque manly bravado.

But for those of us who know the video the picture was capped in, the value of the picture dropped by more than a half. Even further, the lack of Batemans sexual skill and tact can even go as far as signaturing the pucture as an "Epic Fail".

So, what is the point? The point is- CONTEXT. For the ignorant ones, the picture is epic win. For the ones with knowledge (and dignity), the picture is epic fail.

As such, my old Jason Bourne signature > all others. Because no matter which aspect you look at it from, its awesome no matter what.

*In Yoda voice*

You only, Chris Redfield, would take like that, his signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Epic // View Post
              *In Yoda voice*

You only, Chris Redfield, would take like that, his signature.
              Uh oh! You dont see Chris Bales pose and the "Fvck yeah! Im the man!" look as an icon of male vanity and bravado?

It was actually underlined even in the movie, not to mention the novel! Not hard to miss. Its not just a representation of the ego of a character. If there was an icon for "Im da man!", this would be it.

I think Leadcannon brilliantly nailed it.

Comment

Ahaha, I was trying to point in the general direction that only you would explain a relatively simple signature with a few well written paragraphs. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Epic // View Post
                  Ahaha, I was trying to point in the general direction that only you would explain a relatively simple signature with a few well written paragraphs. :laugh:
                  Oh. Well...

After the first picture of Bale posing was thrown around in one of the threads around here, I was surprised and started looking for the movie where the screencap was taken from. Ive only remembered Bale from extremely high calibre roles (one of which "A P" is too) in a more... positive roles. Tonight, I found it and had to have a peek at it. It was brilliant, and I was blown away. So that explains my brain fart.

Comment

Time for the pride of the Dutch population!

It takes 1 min for them to do it, so just fast-forward it.

Comment

Oh. Well...

After the first picture of Bale posing was thrown around in one of the threads around here, I was surprised and started looking for the movie where the screencap was taken from. Ive only remembered Bale from extremely high calibre roles (one of which "A P" is too) in a more... positive roles. Tonight, I found it and had to have a peek at it. It was brilliant, and I was blown away. So that explains my brain fart.
                      Haha, gotcha. :thumbsup:

Comment

Less words, more pictures!

Comment

Comment

Meh, you must be pretty bored to have to analyse every single little thing you see. Yes on many occasions you can make a good point but at other times, well um, it seems like you're trying too hard to impress people.

Comment

I think I agree with Chris_Redfield though, the sig is more fail than win.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                                Meh, you must be pretty bored to have to analyse every single little thing you see. Yes on many occasions you can make a good point but at other times, well um, it seems like you're trying too hard to impress people.
                                I take it youve never seen "American Psycho"? The depth of the movie is impressive, and offers a lot to think about. The picture in question, taken from the movie, under these circumstances, offers a lot to think about aswell.

If its not your thing, sure. Just dont try to become a flametarget by being a smartas5.

Comment

Working...
                                X