VOIP, mic not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP, mic not working

I done a search cause i figured this had to of happened before but come up with zip.

anyway all my mic & speakers work, i done the "test hardware" in my control panel, it all works, only in bf2 i cannot get my mic to work, i tried all three "software, hardware, & creative" non of those worked, & yepp i have enabled checked.
    any idea's.
    oh people can see my green speaker but cant hear me, i done the "test mic" in bf2 but it didnt work at all.
    and this is the weird part, it used to work, i mean like couple weeks ago it was working fine, when i first got bf2 i couldnt get it to work, i played around & it all of a sudden started working, now its back to not working, this is weird for sure.:nod:

any help is appreciated.
    :salute:

I have a SB audigy SE card, and yepp i have updated the driver.

Re: VOIP, mic not working

have u tried turning down the treshold in the options?

Comment

Originally posted by EnyoCaligo View Post
      have u tried turning down the treshold in the options?
      yeah, but when i did i done the mic test & nothing, dipstick question, but what is the threshold do? never heard of a mic threshold.
      thanks

Comment

I used to have a similar problem with people seeing my name ingame but no sound coming out. Mine used to work and suddenly changed as well.

This fixed it for me, hope it helps you.

Comment

could be windows sound vs bf2 sound issues. i had a similar problem. i would make sure everything was fine in windows ....hop into bf2 and no mic. the box as you say for mic was not muted in windows...but i hopped into bf2 and came out only to find it muted in windows...which i checked before i went into the game. just had to keep doing it a couple of times and it finally took.

also there is a mic check when you do a fresh install of bf2....this is important to do to get the threshold set properly. you will also want to check the box for use windows 20bd mic boost on the bf2 mic set screen.

also make sure mic gain is checked in bf2 audio options. i dont know why by my mic test does not work everytime in bf2 menu, but if i keep tryin it eventually it will register my voice and then i get the green bar and am good to go.

so keep hoping in and out of bf2 to make sure windows sound settings take, and try all settings...but make sure u have mic gain or mic boost checked where possible

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3 View Post
            could be windows sound vs bf2 sound issues. i had a similar problem. i would make sure everything was fine in windows ....hop into bf2 and no mic. the box as you say for mic was not muted in windows...but i hopped into bf2 and came out only to find it muted in windows...which i checked before i went into the game. just had to keep doing it a couple of times and it finally took.

also there is a mic check when you do a fresh install of bf2....this is important to do to get the threshold set properly. you will also want to check the box for use windows 20bd mic boost on the bf2 mic set screen.

also make sure mic gain is checked in bf2 audio options. i dont know why by my mic test does not work everytime in bf2 menu, but if i keep tryin it eventually it will register my voice and then i get the green bar and am good to go.

so keep hoping in and out of bf2 to make sure windows sound settings take, and try all settings...but make sure u have mic gain or mic boost checked where possible

good luck
            It must be something conflicting, i mean to go from working to not working & not even so much as looked into the options, thanks for the input, if i reinstall the bf2 to get to the mic adjustment, wouldnt i have to go thru the patching & re-doing my keys & settings, ugh, think i'll stay mic'less if that is case.
            tanks:salute:

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
            It must be something conflicting, i mean to go from working to not working & not even so much as looked into the options, thanks for the input, if i reinstall the bf2 to get to the mic adjustment, wouldnt i have to go thru the patching & re-doing my keys & settings, ugh, think i'll stay mic'less if that is case.
            tanks:salute:

Hey FYI, just incase somebody might not know , cause i just found out, i was thinkin the VOIP adjustment when u install should be in the file & it was, if you go to your C:/progs/ea/bf2 & look in htere you will see it.
            I done it and could hear my voice & adjusted the bar, but dont have time to crank up a game, i'm hopin it works

Thanks again snoop & all ya'll:salute:

Welp, I think i'm back to square one, only i think it may be my headset, after doing all those testings & resetting my threshold i finally got in a game & was talkin & nobody answering, well i figured either they wasnt talkin or i still had a problem, well a game later i said something & guy said "you gotta speak Up". so i had to hollar before they could hear me, i'm thinkin it may be my headset just went bad for what ever reason, POS i got from walmart for 15buks.
            gonna buy me another one i guess, Thanks for all ya'lls help.

Comment

WEll, i bought a new headset, wasnt my problem, went as far as uninstalling my soundblaster card & going back to my onboard soundmax card, wasnt my problem, LOL, it must be a windows conflict.
              in the control panel i test hardware it tests good, in my bf2 folder i do the VOIP setup, it shows good i adjust & hit save settings , but in game now my little green icon wont even light up, & yeah been on several VOIP servers.

it went from bad to worse, no wonder not many people use their VOIP

Thanks for help, i do appreciate it

Comment

I had to get rid of my soundcard to use VOIP and teamspeak, it was conflicting somehow :/ try this:

go to all programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder and see if you can record your voice using the mic, if not it's HW...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                  I had to get rid of my soundcard to use VOIP and teamspeak, it was conflicting somehow :/ try this:

go to all programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder and see if you can record your voice using the mic, if not it's HW...
                  Roger, works good, can hear myself clear & plain in playback, i went out bought a new headset thinking it was mic & wasnt'.
                  really strange, everything checks out in the tests, i make sure im in VOIP servers, in my options im sure i have VOIP enabled, the mic test works, but no green icon now.
                  but before i had the green icon & no volume , so catch 22 i guess, damnd if i do damnned if i dont

LOL, computers gotta love um

any other ideas is appreciated.
                  :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432

I thought i'd come back to this thread incase it might help somebody , but i figured it out VIA killer360, he got EA guy said (he had same exact prob) to go into direct X & sound & put acceleration down to basic, it works great now.
                    :yay: :yay: :yay:

Comment

Working...
                    X