Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely High Ping and Lag

Hey there guys,

I started up BF2 the other day, and joined a TEXAS server, WHERE I LIVE, and was getting 700+ ping, and LAG!!!!!!!!!!

It's crazy!!!! I dont even get that high ping in Europe servers!!!!
    So I thought my internet was just being slow for a while,
    so I didn't do anything.

But then, I got 2142, and joined another Texas server, and had 650+ ping and lag!

It's unbelievable!!!! And it's not that my computer sucks, because before, on texas servers i would get 15-25 ping!

Any suggestions, or comments, please reply

Computer Specs:
    Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 242 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300 Series
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio rear output
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

**I know my graphics card sucks, but before I had the same one, and didn't get such high ping**

Thank you guys,
    Doughboy

Re: Extremely High Ping and Lag

its your ISP.

Comment

But I have 6 mb download speed.

Comment

graphics doesnt effect your pings, and it doesnt matter how fast your internet is call your ISP and see what the problems are

Comment

yeah it will be his isp!!!! unplug ur internet then plug it back in again!

Comment

Yep, ISP.

Got the same BS with zing.net and it's the only thing other than dial up I can get. Doesn't sound like its a frequent problem with you though...

Comment

Its not at all. I play bf2 alot and i never, have never seen such high ping.

I'll call my ISP then to see whats up.

Comment

your link to these texas servers is being compromised on its way to the server somewhere. Perhaps through a problematic hop, or a hop (router) that uses a crappy forwarding protocol like RIP or something. Go to many other servers and you probably don't go through that hop. Its all about your isp, location, and what your packets go through to get there. My clans server is in texas, and a guy in the clan lives in texas, and has the same issue you have actually.

Comment

Wow, couple of storms whipped around my area a couple of days ago.

So my ISP tech told me to do some ping tests, and my max for google was 1280!!!!!

Unbelievable...

Comment

Working...
                  X