ram freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram freezing

everytime i play battlefeild 2, everything that loads stays in my ram until it fills up and then freezes my computer. i can c my ram usage on my keyboard lcd. it only happens with bf2. last time it almost happened i minimized and my usage was at 1,055,xxx k. plz help i miss being able to play

Re: ram freezing

If your running 1gb of ram try 2gb. Update all your drivers. And do basic house keeping!

PC specs would be ever so nice .

Comment

Turn the TEXTURE setting in options to Medium or Low.

Comment

im running 2g of ram. i played over 300 hours without the problem holding everything in my temp memory i think and not letting it got until it finally overloads

Comment

BF2 naturally uses 1GB of RAM on all high settings.

Delete the movies, or rename them, that should lower it a fair bit.

Comment

make sure you have page fileing turned on then try agen, i think it's controll panel then system click on advanced click on advanced agen on the preformance tab turn on page fileing restart then bingo ' hopefully

Comment

k i went to system>advanced>performance settings> thats as close as i could follow that but i think im lost somewhere couldnt find page filing i think that sounds like wats wrong tho

Comment

Are you suggesting there's a memory leak?

Comment

tt please i need to figure this out. it just did it again

Comment

This is NORMAL. Who'd have thought, a game that utilizes half your RAM? Travesty, I'll call my lawyer.

Comment

faulty ram, possibly?

Comment

idk im hoping not. i play other high requirement stuff and nothing like this happens. i think its a page filing error that isnt release useless stuff after it runs it. so it just keeps holding everything till it runs out

Comment

huh u cant get them XP as the aplication will delete it when its finished with it.

Run a program call memtest to rule the ram out! or if iot is vista run its in built memtest!

Comment

RUN MemTest x86 to make sure your RAM is okay! (get from majorgeeks.com)
                            2nd Turn off all background processes, yes you have 2Gb of RAM but if you are chewing up another 1/2 to full gig on background process while playing BF2 you will freeze everytime.

Comment

aight ill try the mem test. and no my background stuff isnt even using 25%

they r iso and idk how to run them. god damnit i hate computer

Comment

Working...
                              X