The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Metal was interesting up until round about 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      Metal was interesting up until round about 30 years ago.
      Jakes never been to a metal show before thats why. I would despise this stuff too if I didn't have a friend who dragged me to his concerts every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
        Well all those bands today (Parkway Drive, Texas in July etc.) pretty much copied off of them lol. I still think they're pretty much the absolute best in terms of -core, I've been listening to their stuff for years and I never get tired of it.
        I think my biggest problem with Parkway drive though is that everyone thought I was going to like them... First time I heard them I was appauled that people thought this was amazing due to my incoherant Boredom...

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
          Jakes never been to a metal show before thats why.
          This. Gigs are just the freakin best.

This was when I went to see Trivium back in March. Band called Chimaira. They blew the roof off man, better than Trivium, Whitechapel and Rise to Remain (other bands who played that night) and they weren't even headlining! :awes

Comment

Its not really heavy metal tho. Heavy metal is heavy because its slow and well, heavy. Crap like Trivium, chimaira and other such nonsense is just fast, rediculous amount of overdrive and in many cases guyliner. Not very heavy metal really.

Jake is right, it was 1979 when metal was no longer metal. The year Ozzy got the boot from black sabbath.

And that concludes todays lesson

Comment

Originally posted by [RC]2|Tpr.Hendrix
              Its not really heavy metal tho. Heavy metal is heavy because its slow and well, heavy. Crap like Trivium, chimaira and other such nonsense is just fast, rediculous amount of overdrive and in many cases guyliner. Not very heavy metal really.

Jake is right, it was 1979 when metal was no longer metal. The year Ozzy got the boot from black sabbath.

Thats purely subjective though, I find all that stuff old, cliche, and boring. I'm gonna post this video for the 20th time and call it a day because these dudes are some of the best musicians I've ever seen perform, and well... they're playing "metal," albeit they bounce between like 5 genres all in one song.

Comment

Come on Japan.

Comment

There are tonnes of metal genres. It's all about taste. You can't say Chimaira, Trivium, Whitechapel, FFDP, KSE, LOG, etc etc are not metal - because they are - it's just genre related.

And if you don't like that "type", well, tough. Listen to what you want, and don't hate.

Comment

Originally posted by [RC]2|Tpr.Hendrix

qft

Comment

The old stuff only sounds cliche' to young people because so many other people have copied them...

Comment

exactly. There is nothing cliche about it. Heavy metal is heavy metal. Aka not ****.

Comment

I was just having a smoke whilst having paper in my nose to stop a nosebleed. And yes you guessed it, the paper caught fire when I was lighting the cigarette and I burnt my fingers trying to get the increasingly smaller paper out of my nose. :thumbsup:

Comment

Just a random thought.....The education system in the US in general needs a stronger emphasis on mathematics and its applications.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecJ32
                              Just a random thought.....The education system in the US in general needs a stronger emphasis on mathematics and its applications.
                              My high school required a minimum of 4 years to pass, I'd say that's good. Though some of the teachers aren't good with teaching the applications of math, especially my calc teacher, everyone in her class always had the, "why are we learning this" question.

Comment

I was unable to get the officer job I wanted for the navy : (

Comment

Working...
                                X