Video driver problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video driver problem

Ive tried updating my ati radeon 9550's 256mb driver. My current driver dates back to 04. when i install the newest driver from 07 for my card it says restart and it will auto perform tests to make sure everything is working. Then it restarts but it doesn't test anything all it does is load all graphics and pages really slow. It also sends me some Microsoft errors ( do you wish to send an error report? blah).I had to roll back to my 2004 driver ( yea i haven't updated it in a longgggg time). Does anybody know why this lag is happening? It runs fine on the old driver but the only reason I updated it was to hopefully get PR working right.

Re: Video driver problem

Try removing all driver and also make sure you have .net 2.0 installed as most ATI drivers require that to be installed. Now as far as the test it will do, all you will see is the screen flicker. It doesn't run a test in the sence that you will see anything when it runs.
    So remove, restart, install new drivers. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, remove the drivers and install .NET.

You can also try different (older) versions of the driver, for some nVIDIA cards this is a primary sollution to most problems.

Comment

I had a 9550 recently. I found that a lot of the newest Catalyst drivers are only for "X" series cards. Just keep going from newest to oldest until one works. Then you'll have the newest for your card.

Comment

Working...
        X