Z Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z Board

Is this worth getting, anyone have it? I don't want to wear out my keyboard on my laptop.

Re: Z Board

Its a real pain to get used to the arrows, i personaly kept the normal keyboard layout, but i like it mostly because you can press waaay more keys at one time than my old one.

Comment

Seems like a hell of a gimmick IMO. 102 key FTW!

Comment

I love mine. It's cheaply made and some of the names have worn off, but it roxxor in game for me.

Comment

I love mine.
          The names are wearing off, but the keys still have great responsiveness.
          I also love the placement of most keys. I use my BF2 keyset to play all kinds of games, and I'm typing on it right now. As long as I don't need to use any numbers it's fine.

Comment

have you considered the "merc" model?

Buy Ideazon MERC KW1NAE1-X1ZXP01 2-Tone 97 Normal Keys 34 gaming keys and 11function keys Function Keys USB Gaming Gaming Keyboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

best of both worlds--dedicated keypad and a "regular" keyboard.

Comment

love mine too for i have big fingers and like the big keys

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
                have you considered the "merc" model?

Buy Ideazon MERC KW1NAE1-X1ZXP01 2-Tone 97 Normal Keys 34 gaming keys and 11function keys Function Keys USB Gaming Gaming Keyboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

best of both worlds--dedicated keypad and a "regular" keyboard.
                The MERC is huge though. It wouldn't even fit on my keyboard tray.
                I just swap keysets if I want to do any real typing. That's pretty rare, so my BF2 keyset just stays on here.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas and help...

Comment

I love my Z-board, but would go with the merc if I had a bigger desktop just to keep the fullsize keyboard. Chat is a little tougher on the z-board's hacked keyboard.

The large arrow keys are super easy to use, and no sore fingers after long sessions.

Comment

For me it's no accidentally hit buttons from my fat fingers

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                        For me it's no accidentally hit buttons from my fat fingers
                        That's a huge boon for me. With my old keyboard I died in UT a lot due to fat-fingering and my system beeping from me trying to push too many keys at once. The ZBoard solved all of that for me.
                        Even in BF2 I had beeps while trying to crouch and move diagonally and then try to quickly jump from there. Not anymore!

Comment

Working...
                        X