dual monitor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual monitor problems

I just bought a second monitor today, which would be this one(click).

the other monitor which i have been using for the last year is this one(click)

as you can see, one is widescreen and the other is not. i really hope this isn't the problem or i'm screwed lol.

i cannot get both monitors to work at the same time. whichever one i connect first works and then the one then i connect second does not work. instead it's screen reamains blank indefinitely. it works like this for both monitors.

i believe my video card is the geforce 7800 gtx(click), so it has dual dvi output. one of my monitors is connected via a dvi-->vga adaptor because it's vga only, not dvi. i hope this also isn't the problem.

hope you guys can help

Re: dual monitor problems

If you are trying to run two simultaneously as separate areas, these settings are in your Display settings found in your control panel under the advanced tab.

Comment

Yeah, you will need to first select the "secondary display" and then checking the "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor" box.

Comment

Yes Doggie52 is correct.

Here is a pic of my setup just to show you.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...itor_Setup.jpg

In the pic you can see I labeled them just as an example. The 1st display in my 21" Sony Flat-CRT monitor running off of VGA. The 2nd is a Viewsonic LCD-HDTV which is 1080p, therfore I chose to run it in it's native HD res. of 1920x1080. Which I use for gaming and watching DVD movies as well as a display for my Xbox360.

This would work the same, wether you have ATI or NVIDIA, doesn't matter, long as it supports dual monitors, as the GeForce 7800 clearly shouldn't have any problems doing.

Since you are using NVIDIA, although you don't have to. You may want to just go ahead and run NVIDIA nView. This will take you through setting up your multi-displays step-by-step.

Comment

If none of those work. There has been known to be a problem with the card not recognizing the monitor on the adapter if another one is plugged in. Call support and they'll have you flash your video cards bios to fix it. I had to do it with my 6600 OC.

Comment

Once you get it working, google "ultramon".
            Also, use a res hack even if your native res is supported. this prevents the retarded resizing during startup which shifts applications around on the other display.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm running dual monitor setup, one regular monitor one widescreen... BF2 runs on normal screen but doesnt wanna run on widescreen at all... even if I choose widescreen as my default screen and change all the stuff in bf2.exe

Comment

Ultramon. It allows you to set the monitor and even the position onscreen that a program will run on. Just modify the shortcut's properties.

Comment

it should work

at my church, they have the main computer with a 4x3 size monitor set at 1280x1024 and on the other output goes to a widescreen projector on something like a 500 inch screen in a wide screen resolution. So, it is possible to have different resolutions on each screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X