Sick of upgrading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of upgrading ?

i Can't belive it i only build my pc about 12 weak's ago and allready it's just able to play the latest game's like prey quake fine but for the next step up the graphical ladder it wont really do then i am told oh your need another gig or ram, (got 1 gig) then a brand new cpu and graphics card '' then when direcx 10 comes out you need to buy vista build a new pc then that will be good for the new farcry game crysis / unreal tornement ' Ahhhh, i haven't got the cash to keep doing that, ive been a pc fan for year's ie, better shooting game,s with the mouse and so, but now i am giveing it in and think a safer bet would be get an xbox 360, at £199 save for a hdtv then ill be all right for 3 or 4 year's with the ps3 after that i mean how much do you have to pay for a graphic's card to get xbox 360 graphics ? around £260 ? anyway that's my ran't

Re: Sick of upgrading ?

1 gigabyte of RAM didn't cut it since 2004. Sorry to break it to you.

To get the same graphics as an XBOX4:20, you need a 7900GS which is about £160. Although it really depends on the game, and a 7300GS/Radeon x1300 would get you the same quality.

Comment

well ive got an x800 clocked up to 560 cpu 590 mem

Comment

A decent PC will last at least 2 years if you're not one of these types who has to play with absolutely amazing graphics. My 512MB RAM and ATI 9600 still runs the latest games well enough for me to enjoy them.

Comment

Yea, what he said ^
          I had the same computer for 3-4 years and I could run alot of the popular games(when they were popular) such as 1942, Tribes2, Unreal Tourny (forget what vers). And I have 1 gig of ram and run bf2 and 2142 with everything on high with zero lag, kay? sorry to break it to you but 1 gig of ram CAN cut it. As long as you dont need everything running at the highest graphics possible your current video card will suit you fine, dont worry.

Comment

1 gig is fine. 2 gig is just better.

Comment

it all depends on how fast you want to upgrade..... i build my current rig for around €700,- (AMD 3800+ , 7600 GT , 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ , 250 GB Seagate 16 MB Cache , Asus M2N-E mobo , Enermax 400Watt PSU , A+ miditower ) and it will be good for another year ( i built it in august ) . Now when the times comes to upgrade i aint gonna buy all the expensive stuff just the stuff thats expensive now and will be a bit cheaper later on . If you want all the new stuff when it comes out and have the 'magical' graphics you gotta be willing to pay big bucks for it.

Comment

I built mine about a year ago.

AMD 3700+, 1Gig Ram, K8N Neo4 MB, HAD A Nvidia6600 (burnt up),19" LCD monitor...blah blah blah

Even with the cheap replacement vid card my wife had put in while I was in Iraq...my graphic settings are on low...but it runs fine

Comment

Only if you have to have the biggest, baddest rig with all the graphics turned on high. Otherwise, if you purchase wisely you can get a lot of life out of a system.

Comment

I dont plan on a new PC for about 2 more years. And that one will be huge to..Finnaly get SLI and dual core

Comment

My current PC s about 3yrs old & it can play most gamaes reletively well. Bf2 medium to high HL2 & mods all high. I have stripped my xp so at most i have 15 processes running. Look at this tweak guide to help you system.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn
                        Yea, what he said ^
                        I had the same computer for 3-4 years and I could run alot of the popular games(when they were popular) such as 1942, Tribes2, Unreal Tourny (forget what vers). And I have 1 gig of ram and run bf2 and 2142 with everything on high with zero lag, kay? sorry to break it to you but 1 gig of ram CAN cut it. As long as you dont need everything running at the highest graphics possible your current video card will suit you fine, dont worry.
                        1GB will NOT cut it for high settings though. Guess I got drawn away with my own "perfect graphics mania".

Of course, you can still use a 6 year old PC and use a Geforce 4 MX440 card to play BF2, but who says the experience is gonna be enjoyable?

Comment

my 3500+ did a year then i did my rig to what it is now, but i think upgrading is great if it makes your pc even better.

If i spend £400 on a 8800GTx and its tripples my fps count ill be happy. I only upgrade if its worth it!!!

Comment

I just upgraded..

and still looking to get more ram

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. S.A.S
                              my 3500+ did a year then i did my rig to what it is now, but i think upgrading is great if it makes your pc even better.

If i spend £400 on a 8800GTx and its tripples my fps count ill be happy. I only upgrade if its worth it!!!
                              it wont.

Comment

Working...
                              X