Question about the SB X-Fi's GAME MODE console settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the SB X-Fi's GAME MODE console settings

Please keep it up here for a while I need an answer.

Ever since installing this card and the latest drivers and reinstalling BF2, my FPS has dropped A LOT (it isnt playable most of the time) so I want to know what you guys have in your GAME MODE console.

Did you enable 24 bit crystalizer? Did you enable EAX? These are the things I need to know.

Right now I have my settings at Creative X-Fi on ultra high settings with EAX ticked ON.
    I have enabled EVERYTHING on the GAME MODE console including CMSS3D (even if i dont have headphones). What should/shouldnt I disable/enable as they might give me a boost in performance hopefully?

Thank you in advance.

Talus please dont merge this topic with the other ones. Im cose to fixing this problem If you would like you can delete the other topics. Thanks.

Re: Question about the SB X-Fi's GAME MODE console settings

Download and install

It says use the wrap file but i use the OpenAL32.dll myself. Both files work but at least for me the openal file runs smother btw its in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ allso .

1. Go to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll
    2. copy wrap_oal.dll
    3. paste it on the desktop
    4. rename wrap_oal.dll into BF2OpenAL.dll
    5. Go to: X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2
    6. Copy BF2OpenAL.dll in the Battlefield 2 directory
    7. Right click in that directory and select "PASTE"
    8. It will make a copy called "Copy of BF2OpenAL.dll
    9. Delete BF2OpenAL.dll in the Battlefield 2 directory
    10 Copy BF2OpenAL.dll from desktop into: X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2
    11. Go to: C:\...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\(delete all cache file)
    12. Go to: C:\...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp\*.dmp --delete all files with a *.dmp extension.

Comment

Re: Question about the SB X-Fi's GAME MODE console settings

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
      Download and install

It says use the wrap file but i use the OpenAL32.dll myself. Both files work but at least for me the openal file runs smother btw its in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ allso .

1. Go to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll
      2. copy wrap_oal.dll
      3. paste it on the desktop
      4. rename wrap_oal.dll into BF2OpenAL.dll
      5. Go to: X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2
      6. Copy BF2OpenAL.dll in the Battlefield 2 directory
      7. Right click in that directory and select "PASTE"
      8. It will make a copy called "Copy of BF2OpenAL.dll
      9. Delete BF2OpenAL.dll in the Battlefield 2 directory
      10 Copy BF2OpenAL.dll from desktop into: X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2
      11. Go to: C:\...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\(delete all cache file)
      12. Go to: C:\...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp\*.dmp --delete all files with a *.dmp extension.
      So what should I use? The OpenAL or the wrap_oal?
      EDIT: I noticed that the wrap_oal file is much larger (404kb) than the OpenAL (84kb). So should I got with the one with "the most juice"?

BTW thank you very much for your response.

Comment

Working...
      X