Ati X800 Agp 256mb Ddr3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati X800 Agp 256mb Ddr3

I've read the reviews, and now i want to hear from some people that have it. How does it run BF2 on your pc? i'm thinking about getting it so your reviews count .

Re: Ati X800 Agp 256mb Ddr3

It's running BF2 fine with it.. My x850 did well. Some high & medium @ 1280x1024@75.

I ran BF2 with the x850 with 2gb ram..

Comment

Mate, I'm running a Connect 3D X800 XL, AGP, 256MB GDDR3.

It runs BF2 just fine on some really good settings, but you will need to experiment with the settings to get it just right.

Be aware though, ATI Drivers can sometimes **** up BF2, but otherwise it's a great card and a good choice.

Yes, definately go with 2GB of RAM as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue845
        Mate, I'm running a Connect 3D X800 XL, AGP, 256MB GDDR3.

It runs BF2 just fine on some really good settings, but you will need to experiment with the settings to get it just right.

Be aware though, ATI Drivers can sometimes **** up BF2, but otherwise it's a great card and a good choice.

Yes, definately go with 2GB of RAM as well.
        For the drivers, i'll check out the omega drivers. any idea how many FPS your getting, and if you can take a SS of your settings so i can use them as a template. thanks

Comment

I have a Connect 3D X800 Pro 256Mb and it run's the game well on medium to high settings.

Comment

My settings are:

Res: 1280 x 1024
            Terrain: High
            Effects: H
            Geometry: H
            Textures: H
            Lighting: Medium
            Dynamic Shadow: M
            Dynamic Lighting: M
            AA: x2
            Texture Filtering: H

I have no idea what my FPS is.

Comment

x800xt AIW, 2x512mb 400mhz, and a p4 3.0E

run at 1280x1024, all medium except dynamic shadows off, geometry high, and 100% view distance.

normally karkand stays above 45fps. middle of a arty strike makes things chug a little. if you play SF, you'll take a hit (down to ~25fps) in the complex interior of the LHA (at least I think its supposed to be an LHA).

To really get the maximum performance out of these cards, you need an ATI silencer from artic cooling or a zalman vf900-cu. Both are reasonably priced (do a froogle search on them) and I've used both. I favor the artic cooling over the zalman because:

1) i don't need the extra PCI slot that it covers up
              2) it exhausts hot air directly out the back (heat is a big issue in my case with a 3.0 ghz prescott)

On the other hand, the zalman comes with ramsinks, it doesn't make your card take up two slots, and the better materials (copper core w/a double heatpipe) may make up for the fact that (with no direct exhaust) the hot air has to get drawn back up over the components before it exits the case.

My card runs with a 5% overclock (527 core and 1049 memory), and it still never gets above 67C.

Other games (all at 1280x1024, 2xAA):

Oblivion looks great, but the x800 series can't render HDR, so you miss the spectacular lighting effects you'd get if you went with a more expensive x1900xt or 7900gt.

I ran the demo of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on all high--it looks incredible (even better than oblivion), but it chugs too much in a fight so if I buy the game I'm probably going to have to go with some medium settings.

gee...I really haven't been playing many games lately...

Comment

Working...
              X