BF2 Supports X2 CPU ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Supports X2 CPU ?

My BF2 has started "Your connection to the server has been lost", after I got my new system. No "Problem with your connection"... how can I solve this? It sucks getting disconnected each 5 min. :/

thx

Re: BF2 Supports X2 CPU ?

I have a x2 3800 I get that to sometimes but i think everyone does some days, But ya x2 runs bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by muggy
      I have a x2 3800 I get that to sometimes but i think everyone does some days, But ya x2 runs bf2.
      not what he asked,, Bf2 doesnt support Dual core processors.. but they will still run it, you can either set the affinity to 1 Cpu, or use the amd optimizer thats around somewhere on this forum

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Scinto, does this mean if i get a Core2 duo E6400 it will only run the game like a single 2.13ghz processor would? Or do you mean the game just doesnt utilize the full potential of a dual core? Really it should still be faster than my current 2.8prescott shouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
          My BF2 has started "Your connection to the server has been lost", after I got my new system. No "Problem with your connection"... how can I solve this? It sucks getting disconnected each 5 min. :/

thx
          i get it to, then i have to reboot then its fixed for another couple of hours, then it happens again etc... i h8 it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHFT_nismo
            i get it to, then i have to reboot then its fixed for another couple of hours, then it happens again etc... i h8 it.

And I fixed it ...

Lost Conenction seem to be fixed now, yay !

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
              And I fixed it ...

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ties/Setup.exe

Lost Conenction seem to be fixed now, yay !
              whats the link?

Comment

Get the competitive edge for AI, data center, business computing solutions & gaming with AMD processors, graphics, FPGAs, Adaptive SOCs, & software.

Founded there.

Comment

ahh thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Enerjex
                    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Scinto, does this mean if i get a Core2 duo E6400 it will only run the game like a single 2.13ghz processor would? Or do you mean the game just doesnt utilize the full potential of a dual core? Really it should still be faster than my current 2.8prescott shouldn't it?
                    BF2 will only run like its using a single processor yes, but new games coming like Crysis are multithreaded so they will support Dual Core thus being better

Comment

The only issue with this is, that my console is****edup now. But as long i doesn't loose the connection, I'm happy ;D

Maybe 1.4 would fix this? Or it must be a dream for me .... ?

Comment

I tried installing that AMD optimiser last night, and I would get the blue screen of death when XP finally booted up. BF2 runs fine, but I do get a lot of "connection lost" problems. My processor is X2 4400+

When I uninstalled the optimiser, windows booted up fine... Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                          I tried installing that AMD optimiser last night, and I would get the blue screen of death when XP finally booted up. BF2 runs fine, but I do get a lot of "connection lost" problems. My processor is X2 4400+

When I uninstalled the optimiser, windows booted up fine... Any ideas?
                          Try updating the cpu driver (AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16) first then add the Optimizer.

Comment

Cool, thanks for that. How can I find out my current CPU's driver version?

Cheers...

Comment

Right click My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Processors>Driver

Comment

Working...
                              X