Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM2 Upgrade?

I am thinking of going AM2 overkill

I like the speeds of memory and stuff available so I made a list of the things I might need and hope they work together.

Gigabyte AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ AM2

G.SKILL (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800

Yay nor nay?

Re: AM2 Upgrade?

That ram is good, whats the exact model, GBZ or GBZX what? Alot of people will say get Conroe Core 2 Duo > AM2... but it all depends how much you want to spend for example the only good Conroe CPU is the X6800 IMO, other then that AM2 is good.

But for your system above Id say YAY!

Comment

I choose the lower 2x1mb AM2 because I will OC, maybe save up later for water cool.

Comment

I would say nay, becose you will see a small different compared to s939. If i would change system it would be going to Conroe.

Comment

actually im thinking of going am2 too. my choice of ram is Corsair. the 590 chipset support EPP ram. its kinda like auto overclock for ram. so if you got the money, go for the epp ram.

Originally posted by Mrt1989
          I would say nay, becose you will see a small different compared to s939. If i would change system it would be going to Conroe.
          i would probably go for conroe, only after the 590 chipset intel edition is released. the conroe and nforce chipset working hand in hand is quite a force to reckon with.

Comment

I currenly owe AM2 and it's very descent. Slightly faster than the 939 systems, especially the RAM. Makes me load even faster than equivalent 2GB systems.

Comment

Intel Core 2 Duo line of processors. Look into them before you make any buying decisions. These puppys OC like mad and blow away most of the FX line of A64 processors.

Saw a rep. from Intel take one of these to 3.9Ghz on H20 at QuakeCon.

Comment

Or I was thinking of maybe upgrading what I have now?

AMD X2 4400+
                Ballistix 2gb DDR500, has been OCed to 550+
                and a new mobo, not sure yet

Right now I have
                Asus A8N32SLI, which is picky about memory so I probably wont go Asus again
                AMD 3200+ @ 2.5
                Corsair DDR400 @ 333

Comment

DFI Expert maybe ?

Comment

I looked at the corsair Corsair for memory recommended from my current board and one listed, which is for OCing was the TWINX20484400PRO kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X