• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New system, what FPS?

how come you didnt go socket am2?

Comment

WinXP SP2 has a "bug" that doesn't run multi-threaded programs well on dual core, and I think HT machines.

After loading the game, task out and bring up your Task Manager, under the Processes tab right click BF2.exe and select "Set Affinity...". Uncheck a CPU, task back into the game, and see if there is an improvement. There's a hotfix from Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa4live
        Ur right. I currently have a 7600GT and compared to a 7900GT of a friend which has the exact same system, apart from the 7900GT, and we noticed nothing, only way we found out a difference was too check out the FPS in command, and that didn't make a differende of more than 15 FPS.

Think the communitys should change their view on 7600GT.
        Unlike thought the 7600GT somehow manages too do very good performances, and is at the bottom of High-end.

*why somehow?*
        Because it can't be explained in numbers = it has lesser pipelines than 7900 and above, and go on, but still does mega-performance. Maybe someone with more knowledge can tell us where this can be explained thorugh.

That is exactly what I was saying, both do pretty much the same job on this game.

Comment

You'll get 90-130 fps all maxed out 1280X1024 when there are lots of explosions, vehicles and infantry around (like 64 karkand).

When only clouds and sky, you'll get above 300... same as me, just a better GPU

Comment

Game is capped at 100 FPS.

Comment

game.lockfps 0
              renderer.drawfps 1

Comment

Get the Dore 2 Duo!!

I hold 100 FPS steady with:

7600gt
                Core 2 Duo E6400
                2gigs DDR2 Dual Channel

Comment

Originally posted by GbeTech
                  game.lockfps 0
                  renderer.drawfps 1

game.lockfps 999 ? It was that cvar in Mohaa. "g.maxfps 999" or something like that..

Comment

Working...
                  X