Why am I crashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I crashing?

Okay long story short, I crash on some games CSS is the major one, but when I crash my PC freezes and its like paused on one sound and nothing happens, its only happend since I got my new PC parts.

Below is my PC specs
    AMD Athlon 3200+
    ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe
    XFX 7900GTX 512 700/1.8
    G.Skill 2GBZX 2-3-2-5

Any ideas what could be causing this?

On another note, the 1.3 "Crash to Desktop" bug is pissing me off, I cannot join ANY game.... Restarted PC and everything its starting to anoy me. But please help on above Q.

Thanks

Re: Why am I crashing?

Have you experimented with graphics drivers, made sure all mobo, soundcard drivers and BIOS are up to date?

Is that your memorys default timings? Try running memtest86 to see if your memory is stable. I notice in your sig the timings are different. On a side note have you got your ram running 1T?

Comment

I have to update that sig cause I got new ram which is what is show'n in my post. will update sig, also I think i'm running the default BIOS, now... to update that will I have to reset my CMOS then do the update?

Comment

the exact same thing happens to me since i built my new rig and i think its the XfX graphics card since i had one too... for me the screen froze and the game would get stuck on one sound... then the screen would turn off since it wasnt getting any signal from the graphics card and the sounds of the game would continue and the computer would remain on. eventually the card just flipped out and gave me resolution changes and insane colors fireworks extravaganza... so i got a new card NOT from XfX and im ok !!!:laugh:

Comment

Working...
        X