Video card upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card upgrade

Specs are AMD 3700 processer, 2 gigs of ram and a ATI all in wonder 600 pro 256mb. I run low settings at about 60-70 FPS but i want to switch to medium and i only get about 30. I was wondering what card would do with for about 300 bucks, it needs to be PCI express. Also what is anri-aliasing? And whats the Auto ready thing (kinda random I know)
    thanks

Re: Video card upgrade

I take it you live in America.

I recommend a 7900GT or GTX from Newegg, made by XFX or Asus.

Anti aliasing is when your video card renders round objects to become more rounder/smoother, and not so jagged. Kind of hard to explain.

Comment

I run med settings with a 3 year old 9800pro128. There are a ton of cards out there for much less than $300 that will allow you to run at HIGH settings... Just go to newegg and read the reviews of some of the cards.. many people even mention BF2 and what settings they run at... Pretty sure you can get a decent SLI card with 256 ddr3 for around $150 that will allow you to run at high settings...

i looked real quick.. here's on for $100 after a $10 rebate (ddr2)

Comment

Gotta recomend the 7600GT, preferrably from eVga. Cheap, around 160$ US, and has the best bang for the buck around. Will get you all medium at the bare minimum, and all high with a good setup at nice fps, around 40-50

Comment

Antialiasing explained: http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html

If you just want medium, the 7600gt will be more than enough. I believe it can play on all high at 1280x1024 smoothly.

Comment

Will going from 2 gigs of ram to 3 help any or is it just wasting money?

Comment

Originally posted by Unorignal
              Will going from 2 gigs of ram to 3 help any or is it just wasting money?

IMO its just a waste of money, 2Gb will do just fine.

Comment

Got an nvidia GeForce 7600 GT OC Overclocked, I love it, all high with 4x AA and 70 FPS. I know it's overclocked so it spins faster and also creates more heat so do I need to turn my fans up or will it be ok. Also how can I check the temps, i've seen people do it but I don't know how, thanks.

Comment

PC Wizard 2006 boi to check the temps... and if its nVidia it should come up with an error message when the core temp it too hot also... its cool because it also lowers the load on it to cool it off so you should be cool...

Comment

x1900xt 512mb $235 ...YES, $235!!!

Buy connect3D Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card 3056 - GPUs / Video Graphics Cards with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Sold out overnight...but they may get more in stock while the rebate is still good. Keep checking each morning and night, this is an incredible price!!!
                    Yea, 3 gigs is a waste. It will only impress your friends(if even that). 2 gigs is only "needed" by a few games as of right now. By the time you'll "want/need" 3 gigs...you'll have a new CPU I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                    X