Video card needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card needed.

I have a computer that cannot support bf2. I tried that system test lab website and it said i need a better video card. anyone have a suggetsion of a good low priced video card that i can get?

Re: Video card needed.

Originally posted by butters247
    I have a computer that cannot support bf2. I tried that system test lab website and it said i need a better video card. anyone have a suggetsion of a good low priced video card that i can get?
    What are the specs of your current system. We'll also need to know what graphics slot is on your motherboard.

Comment

Tell me more about this 'system test lab website' thats says you should purchase a new graphics card.

Also what do you consider low priced? A nvidia 6800 is a fair budget choice.
      But remember don't spend a fortune because dx10 will make any card old overnight.

Comment

the website is this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl
        I can't believe u haven't heard of it. Its all i got when i asked how to find out if i could run the game or not. and i have no idea what the hell my mother board slot is. and cheap is anything near 100 or less.

Comment

I can't believe u haven't heard of it. Its all i got when i asked how to find out if i could run the game or not. and i have no idea what the hell my mother board slot is. and cheap is anything near 100 or less.
          The box your software comes in will also tell you whether you meet the system requirements. Whenever I'm curious to find out "what the hell my mother board slot is", I click the start button, click "run", type in dxdiag, hit "enter", and then I read what windows tells me about my computer. The first page has memory and cpu info, there is a tabbydoohickey at the top that says "display". If you clicky this tabbydoohickey thingee, then windows will tell you what sort of GPU you currently have, and there will also be a note as to whether it's an AGP or a PCI-E slot (edit, even if you're running onbaord graphics, as you currently are).

You can also hold down the delete key when you boot the 'puter, and go into your bios features, and look for whether your comp supports PCI-E or AGP. A few motherboards don't support either of these; in that case you're either SOL with a hundred bucks in your pocket, or you've bought a PCI 6200 and you're still SOL, and Nvidia has your money.

Or, you can open up your case and see what's inside. Post back for helpful hints regarding screwdriver usage.

Comment

take a pic of you motherboard and show us

Comment

im pretty sure i have an agp cause it says "AGP Texture acceleration" And then next to it it says "not available. I tried to download the demo and it didn't work. I think my video card doesn't even support the demo. Cause when i clicked on it to play it would load up turn black and then i would see my desktop in like 1 second. And when I tried to use my headset on this thing that it said I had to see if my headset would work on the talk system. And it said something about my mic not being installed and i was like "what the crap?" How would i install it if i just plug it in? Im not sure if the AGP is my slot but thats all i saw on that thing.

Comment

I think my video card doesn't even support the demo.
                The easiest thing would be to tell us what your current graphics card is, we should be able to work it out from that.

Comment

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910 GL Express chip

Comment

As best can tell from the wealth of info you've given us,

This is your motherboard (edit: or a clone chipset), I believe.

To play bf2 and have it look acceptable, you need 1 more 512mb stick of ram, and one of these video cards:

6600gt

x800gto

x800xt

6800gs

x850xt

7600gt

Shop around. If you're on a budget, get a 6600gt; you can get one for well under $100 and they're good enough for bf2. Any of the rest (especially the x850xt, 6800, or 7600gt) will make you happy, happy gamer. Don't spend more than $150 or any of them though--you can usually get an open box x850xt on newegg for $119; new for $139 with NO FRUGGIN' REBATES. My money would go on that one, if it was my wallet I was breaking out.

ps...is this you??? if so, why did they get all the info!

Comment

I can't believe u haven't heard of it.
                      Ive never heard of it because i dont need to see if my computer can run games...because my computer doesnt suck:|:

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                        Ive never heard of it because i dont need to see if my computer can run games...because my computer doesnt suck:|:
                        nnot every1 here has the money u know

Comment

Working...
                        X