an easy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an easy question

how do u do 3d mark and whats a reasonable score to have?

Re: an easy question

Originally posted by Sniper1432
    how do u do 3d mark and whats a reasonable score to have?
    First, you download it. Preferably 3dmark06 Then you run it. And a decent score is upwards of 20,000. Any less than that, and somethings wrong with your computer. I remember reading the specs of your computer somewhere, and you should definately get around 26,000, and if you dont, you need to find out whats wrong.

Comment

my vidoe card sucks though at radeon x1600 pro 512 mc pcie with a 574 core and a 396 memory until i get my x850xt PE from my friend this week

Comment

umm lol i dont think anyone can get 26,000 on 3dmark06

a avg rate is around 5000 extrememly good one would be 9-12k. when you finish the test it will give you your score and then you can submit it and compare with what other people have and see if yours does the same. good luck. remember thats for 3dmark06 not any other 1

Comment

Originally posted by absoluteczech
          umm lol i dont think anyone can get 26,000 on 3dmark06

a avg rate is around 5000 extrememly good one would be 9-12k. when you finish the test it will give you your score and then you can submit it and compare with what other people have and see if yours does the same. good luck. remember thats for 3dmark06 not any other 1
          I get 23994567674333 3DMarks when I run 3DMark91, and I can run Zork at 7,500fps.

Comment

my 3Dmark05 was 10k+

Comment

3Dmark05 always gave me high 11k's on what i had considered a good machine. If you have a great computer you should score even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                my vidoe card sucks though at radeon x1600 pro 512 mc pcie with a 574 core and a 396 memory until i get my x850xt PE from my friend this week
                Thats a decent core, and somewhat ok memory. And IMO, the clock speeds dont really determine how good a card is, its things like piplines, memory, and memory interface.

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                  Thats a decent core, and somewhat ok memory. And IMO, the clock speeds dont really determine how good a card is, its things like piplines, memory, and memory interface.
                  Or maybe you just ought to look at gaming benchmarks... just because the x1900xt has 48 pixel shading units and the 7900gtx has 24 pixel shading units doesn't mean they aren't comparable, because they are. It really depends on how efficient the architecture is.

to answer the OP, most people use 3dmark06 and 3dmark05 (found at futuremark.com) to benchmark for gaming comparisons. Some people like the 01 and 03 versions as well, but they lack certain technologies that today's games use.

Comment

2657 on 3dmark 06

AMD X2 4200
                    6800GT 256mb
                    2GB DDR (2x 1gb Corsair)
                    ASRock 939 Dual SATA2 Motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by Boon59
                      2657 on 3dmark 06

AMD X2 4200
                      6800GT 256mb
                      2GB DDR (2x 1gb Corsair)
                      ASRock 939 Dual SATA2 Motherboard
                      Woah, im gettin pretty close to your score, it looks like the overclocking is working

2623-- 3dmark 06
                      AMD 64 3500+ @ 2.4ghz
                      7600gs core-600 mem-880
                      1gb ddr 512x2 Ballistix
                      Asus A8n sli deluxe

Comment

Working...
                      X