ATi x1950 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi x1950 Series

it would seem GDDR4 is well out soon enough ( wonder if IndianScout has them on pre-order )

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

( bit late to be searching if its been posted before )

Re: ATi x1950 Series

link is dead, although the x1950's are beautiful.....it's a shame it's not a DX10 card :cry:.....

Comment

hmm page not found

i just heard about these cards...sounds sweet

Comment

heres some benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by iNvAzN
          it's a shame it's not a DX10 card :cry:.....
          Why's that? Last time I checked, there weren't any DX10 games available on the planet. Or do you buy hardware without any software to run on it - like an Aegia card?

And in terms of futureproofing, by the time DX10 is commonplace cards like the X1950 will be old school. Live in the now :P

Comment

DX-10 is just everyones excuse to bash the new gfx cards out. And their excuse as to why they still have 6600gt's instead of newer cards....

DX-10 is further away then most think and the games are even further....

do u think BF2142 is being developed for DX-10?

Comment

nah i heard that BF2142 is using a similar (or just the same) engine that BF2 is using.

Comment

Originally posted by warup89
                nah i heard that BF2142 is using a similar (or just the same) engine that BF2 is using.
                Its the same engine. Expect jumps in graphics to be even less than the difference between BF1942 and BF: Vietnam

Originally posted by Snypynfool
                DX-10 is just everyones excuse to bash the new gfx cards out. And their excuse as to why they still have 6600gt's instead of newer cards....

DX-10 is further away then most think and the games are even further....

do u think BF2142 is being developed for DX-10?
                Exactly. DX10 cards will have no games worth playing for at least a year, so I can't see why people get all uppity over certain cards not being DX10 compatible.

That said, if someone had a 6600GT and wasnt interested in turning all the graphics settings up to high, they have no point getting a newer card like a 7900 either unless they have cash to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                  Exactly. DX10 cards will have no games worth playing for at least a year, so I can't see why people get all uppity over certain cards not being DX10 compatible.
                  *cough* Crysis *cough*
                  Im waiting for the next generation of cards not just because they suppory dx10, but because of all the other technologies they will include. Like the midrange Nvidia ( lets call it the 8600gt) is supposed to have some 36 pixel pipelines and ddr4. And this will be a starting price of around $200, just like the 7600gt was.
                  But now that i keep hearing news of all this sh!t getting delayed, im going to have to buy another 7600gs for sli so ill have something to hold me off till i can really get some gpu power goin.

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                    *cough* Crysis *cough*
                    All the amazing footage of Crysis we have seen has been rendered on DX9 hardware....

Comment

No need to blow a bunch of money on a card now if there's going to be better ones coming out in a year +/- a couple of months. This is ATI and Nvidia's last quick way to make a buck before the DX10 bandwagon comes along..

Comment

All the amazing footage of Crysis we have seen has been rendered on DX9 hardware....
                        My bad. i heard it was dx10. But then how do you explain the dx10 tech demo put out by crytek? And they said that that was the engine of crysis?

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                          My bad. i heard it was dx10. But then how do you explain the dx10 tech demo put out by crytek? And they said that that was the engine of crysis?
                          Your half right. The final game will be released for DX10, however all development and demonstrations of the game have been utilising DX9 hardware. So while people go "ohhhhh. Ahhhhh. look at the pretty visuals Crysis has, I gotsta get me a DX10 card", know that DX9 can still do some purdy things, and we are a decent way from having a good DX10 game actually be released.

Comment

DX9 can still do some purdy things
                            Yeah, still do some pretty things. To bad that comes with a sh!tload of money. I remember how at E3, the game was lagging bad on dual x1900xtx's. Looks like its going to take a while before i can play it on maximum settings

Comment

Wow this thing smoked a quad SLI rig.

Wonder what it can do in crossfire.

Comment

Working...
                              X