looking to buy a joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a joystick

Im gonna use it for BF2 and Flight Simulator X...can any1 suggest me cheap joysticks?

Re: looking to buy a joystick

dont look for price and logitech it great i had one amazing i got one from walmart now it sucks

Comment

Logitech 3D Pro....about 30 bucks.

Comment

i have a saitek st290 works good for bf2

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
          i have a saitek st290 works good for bf2
          ditto
          and son uses it too (Lt Gen)
          $20 Walmart

Comment

I have the Logitech Attack 3;

Two things I miss with this joystick;

1.) It has no Rudder/Yaw movement. Meaning you can pull up/down, and you can roll left/right, but you can't "slide" to the left/right. For that, I have to use the "A" and "D" keys on my keyboard. Most joysticks have this, including the one linked by someone else above, but mine doesn't.

2.) A seperate throttle. There is a throttle on the joystick, but I can't access it since my left hand is on the keyboard, and it's awkward if I move both hands over to the joystick to use it. With a seperate throttle, I could be so much more deadlier. Just slow down and get behind the enemy following me, oh boy.

Yea, look for those two things, in addition to lots of buttons that are easily accessible (meaning close to your hand on the 'stick). The seperate throttle isn't that important, and joysticks with that usually cost more, but it's certainly nice to have. Make sure you get a rudder/yaw control joystick though, it'll free up a hand to be used for some deadly manuvers, seperate throttle or not.

Comment

Get the 3D-Pro, more bang for your buck. I've had it for about six months and it still works like the day i took it out of the box.

Comment

This thread pops up every few days or so and let me just say it one last time - get the Logitech 3d Pro. I've had mine for almost a year and it's still perfectly calibrated and I'm very hard on it. It's had beer spilled on it. It's been dropped and smacked around too and still no issues.

Those with medium to large "strong" hands and arms will appreciate the resistance of the logitech. It has a much more firm feel than the other joysticks I've tried (Saiteks for example) and has a very nice feel to it. It does a fine job controlling helicopters too and I like it much more than a mouse. Best of all you can find it new for about twenty bucks now.

Most importantly if the L3DP is good enough for the best airplane pilot in the game (me) then it's good enough for you!

Comment

Originally posted by {Sn][per} ELI
                  do this and you won't regret it.

Comment

I know metallica uses 3D for choppers. So do I myself. Good one, I only had an issue with rudder being to sensitive, but I calibrated it to work better for me with DXTweak2.

Comment

if you want a mid rang stick get a saitek cyborg evo, good stick with lots of buttons.

Comment

Best jstick period is the thrustmaster top gun afterburner force feed back. plug n play , self calibrating, 50 bucks and durable. I have an army of destroyed saiteks< very good jstick but breaks easy> from my mechwarrior days. Everything is adjustable including overall device gain which means it can be as light or as heavy as you like it

Comment

Working...
                        X