Lots of posts about $100 GPU upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of posts about $100 GPU upgrades

I've noticed that there's been a few requests by people lately wanting to know what kind of PCI-E card they can get for about $100. The x1600 pops up a lot in these threads. Well, for another week, you can get this x850XT with a $30 rebate (must be purchased on/before 08/14/06)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102505

For just a little more money, the x850XT has a noticable difference in performance over the x1600. Especially in BF2. Now, the only thing the x1600 has over the x850XT is SM3, but does it even have enough power to ever take decent advantage of that? I'd be surprised.

And, of course, with the heatsink that comes of the x850XT makes overclocking with stock cooling more than a viable option. You can (in most cases) OC an XT to XT PE clocks (and even slightly beyond) if you really must have that last bit of power.

Just something for you to think about if you're wondering about which fairly cheap PCI-E card to buy in the next week.

PS: Yes, it is a rebate offer, but I've had good experiences with Newegg's rebate system. It usually doesn't take that long to get it.

Re: Lots of posts about $100 GPU upgrades

Neat.

Comment

Working...
    X