Anyone got a 7950???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a 7950???????????

Thinking of maybe just upgrading my 7900GTX rather than buying another ?

What are they like , any problems ?

Re: Anyone got a 7950???????????

umm nivida has been having driver problems ppl have been saying and my dell order got delayed cuz of that sob so yea

Comment

--Moved to Tech Center--

Comment

Don't you have a 1280x1024 monitor? These high-end cards are not being put into good use unless you use a larger resolution...

Comment

I have one...runs perfect with 91.37's (beta). Great speed and great IQ. Running BF2 high with 8AA and 16AF and maintain 100+ FPS throughout. No overclocking at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by HulaHal
            I have one...runs perfect with 91.37's (beta). Great speed and great IQ. Running BF2 high with 8AA and 16AF and maintain 100+ FPS throughout. No overclocking at this point.
            Indeed it may run fantastic (I actually recommended the 7950 in fevergaming's trusted products thread), but I don't think it would be worth the upgrade for Bald-Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni
              Indeed it may run fantastic (I actually recommended the 7950 in fevergaming's trusted products thread), but I don't think it would be worth the upgrade for Bald-Eagle.

Why not worth the upgrade ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
                Why not worth the upgrade ?

Comment

Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni

I take it that the 7900gtx in green is an SLI set up?

No i can see its not ,,,what i am saying is that i could easily selll the 7900 GTx for £250 and for £150 more i can buy a 7950

Comment

I take it that the 7900gtx in green is an SLI set up?

No i can see its not ,,,what i am saying is that i could easily selll the 7900 GTx for £250 and for £150 more i can buy a 7950
                    Yes you certainly could, but you won't see £150 worth of improvement with how small your resolution is.

I could have sworn I posted this in your other thread, but whatever:
                    http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2769&p=5

As you can see the 7900gx2 pulls ahead of the 7900gtx at 1600x1200 w/ 4x AA

Comment

Viewsonic VX2235wm 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black (MO-060-VS)
                      The new Viewsonic VX2335wm is an ideal size at 22" as its ideal for those who find 20" too small but 24" to large and expensive. This panel is ideal for gamers and home cinema use due to its true 16.7m colour display and rapid 5ms response time,

- 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA) Optimum Resolution
                      - 16.7 Million Colours
                      - 700:1 Contrast Ratio
                      - 5ms Response Time
                      - 300 cd/m2 Brightness
                      - One Analogue Input
                      - One DVI Input
                      - Built-In Rear Speakers
                      - VESA mounting compatible
                      - 3 Years Manufacturer On-Site Warranty - Call Viewsonic on 0207 949 0307 for warranty on-site replacement service and D.O.A. (Email: service.eu@viewsoniceurope.com)

Arriving Middle of August 2006

I will if i have this on order though ?

Comment

Viewsonic VX2235wm 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black (MO-060-VS)
                        The new Viewsonic VX2335wm is an ideal size at 22" as its ideal for those who find 20" too small but 24" to large and expensive. This panel is ideal for gamers and home cinema use due to its true 16.7m colour display and rapid 5ms response time,

- 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA) Optimum Resolution
                        - 16.7 Million Colours
                        - 700:1 Contrast Ratio
                        - 5ms Response Time
                        - 300 cd/m2 Brightness
                        - One Analogue Input
                        - One DVI Input
                        - Built-In Rear Speakers
                        - VESA mounting compatible
                        - 3 Years Manufacturer On-Site Warranty - Call Viewsonic on 0207 949 0307 for warranty on-site replacement service and D.O.A. (Email: service.eu@viewsoniceurope.com)

Arriving Middle of August 2006

I will if i have this on order though ?
                        Yeah, the fps ought to be higher with the 7950gx2 and that 1680x1050 monitor than the 7900gtx and that monitor. But you're already getting going to be getting over 60fps with the 7900gtx, which should be really smooth. With your abundance of money, I think I would spend it on 1920x1200 monitor and just keep the 7900gtx. Or you could get the 1920x1200 monitor AND the 7950

I don't think that getting a 1680x1050 monitor is bad, I just think that the 1920x1200 would be a much more impressive upgrade and should still be playable with the 7900gtx.

Comment

Im just dont want a 24 inch monster on my desk that all , Can you get higher res smaller monitors in LCD

What a good monior that runs 1920 1200 ???

Comment

my friend has the 7950 and he has everything maxed out and he says it is the ducks guts.....he says he now has a new game to play its call bf2 clarity.

Comment

I recomend Samsung 20" LCD SyncMaster 204B, maximum resolution 1600x1200
                              wich means its not widescreen

Comment

Working...
                              X